Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: korn shell scripting
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions korn shell scripting Post 302693987 by delugeag on Thursday 30th of August 2012 04:24:57 AM
Old 08-30-2012
Power

Quote:
its done till 3rd question help me from 4th question
There is a mistake on the 2nd question. I guess you find this code on internet but did you test it ?
It counts the number of files in the directories and subdirectories instead of the number of directories. You have to update it for your question:

Code:
man find

This User Gave Thanks to delugeag For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

practice tests- Unix Korn Shell Scripting

Hi, I am about to take certification for "Unix Korn Shell Scripting", which is conducted by brain bench. ( http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/taketest.xml?testId=46) The test consists of 40 single and multiple choice questions that must be answered in 60 minutes. The pass mark... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eswasas
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repost-Korn Shell Scripting

Hi, being very new to Korn Shell Scripting I am hoping that someone here can help me. I want to compare file name in scp/inbox directory to file name stored inside a file in pnt/compare directory. Hi, being very new to Korn Shell Scripting I am hoping that someone here can help me. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanie123
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Korn Shell Scripting

Hi I'm new to scripting and I don't know where to start. I need to create a script that needs to look for specific files in a specific folder then I need to return the filename, the recordcount, bytecount and checksums. Then I need to write these results into a new file. I would appreciate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: th0123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Korn Shell scripting Help Pleaaaase...

Hello All, Can someone help me to set a user's password from the script using korn shell. The password change is a one time password after user account creation. I tried providing the input file as the value for password field but password change requires tty so my password from an input file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris Korn Shell Scripting

I have made the following simple script: a=0 let a=$a+1 if "] then mailx -s "Up" abc@yahoo.com fi When I run the above script, I get the following error: # ./new.ksh ./new.ksh: ]: not found. Please tell me how to use if here? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldeep1986
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell scripting

I am attempting to learn shell programming using o'rielly book "Learning the Korn Shell". I am finding it pretty difficult to do since the only access I have to unix boxes are running version 99 of ksh. The book utilizes ksh93 and there appear to be many differences. I can't even follow along... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparison in Korn shell scripting

I have a scenario to implement in Korn shell script. Here it is.. I need to compare two values to see whether they are same or not. The issue is that the values coming in for comparison can be a string or an integer which can be determined during run time only. Which korn shell comparison... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vani123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Korn Shell scripting

#! /bin/ksh while read line do if ] ; then echo "no data" continue; fi echo "performing operation on $line" done < prg.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juhi Kashyap
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog box in korn shell scripting

Does dialog box works on all kind of shells? I am using korn shell in Linux . For me dialog is not working :) is there any particular syntax or do we need to have particular OS version or shell env? #!/bin/ksh dialog --title "create file" \ --backtitle "shell script practice" \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting

Hi All, Kindly help on the below issue ASAP. Its very urgent. I have script in which we have below two lines for code and it is not working. Please help. files_to_process=" abc_*.log def_*.log ghi_*.log " typeset -A dir_list ${files_to_process} the script is failing in Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)