Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Default user:group permissions while creating files and directories Post 302693937 by sunnysthakur on Thursday 30th of August 2012 02:55:04 AM
Old 08-30-2012
Default user:group permissions while creating files and directories

Hi,

I am working on setup a environment where only a specific user can upload the builds on htdocs of apache.
Now i want that a specific user can copy the builds on htdocs folder.

I created a group "deploy" and assign user1 and user2 to this group.
On Apache side i mentioned User=deploy and group=deploy in httpd.conf.

So the challenge is that i want if user1 or user2 login and they copied the builds on htdocs, default user and group will be deploy:deploy

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Sunny

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing Permissions to 775 for files and directories

Hi All I need to create a script which would change Permissions to 775 All the Files and directories will be mentioned in the Paramter files Can anyone give a Hint how to proceed in this ?? THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranga27
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newly created files default group and write permissions

Whenever I create a new file the group name is "dnn" and the file permissions are "-rw-r--r--". How do I get it so when I create files (with vi or other programs) that the default group is "sss" and the permissions are 770? (I am running HP-UNIX) Thanks, GoldFish (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i copy user permissions(privileges) to a group

Hey there I have a problem and i was hoping that you guys could help me out I want to copy a user privileges to a group and i need to copy all privileges(Recursively) every directory with all its sub directories and I tried some solution and it did not work. I used the following command:- ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Dark Knight
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change permissions only to files, not directories....?

Hi, I am really new to unix, any help is much appreciated. I need to change permissions of all files under several subdirectories to 700 but keep directories readable (755). Why ? Because I need a FTP user to only list his files and can't read them. But to browse to subfolder, the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Issues with LDAP user/group permissions on NFS share

I can't seem to make sense of this. $ cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 Beta (Tikanga) $ $ mount /dev/sda2 on / type ext3 (rw) proc on /proc type proc (rw) sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw) devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620) /dev/sda1 on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinn
6 Replies

6. Web Development

Group and user permissions on mediawiki

I am working on setup a wiki which should have users and group having read or write permission. Before that we were using simple write to all methodology. Now the challenge is this that i have created a 3 users and all of the 3 are able to write to wiki and update the page. Now what i what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change Permissions on files and directories

Hey, It's me again. Have a problem, that's not really a problem. I have the below script, that goes to the directory I want it to go to. lists out the directories available, lets you choose the directory you want, then it changes the permissions on said directory. using chmod -R and chown -R. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving files into directories, creating directories, etc.

how can i move "dataName".sql.gz into a folder called 'database' and then move "$fileName".tar.gz * .htaccess into a folder called 'www' with the entire gzipped file being "$fileName".tar.gz? Is this doable or overly complex. so mydemo--2015-03-23-1500.tar.gz > database -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
5 Replies

9. AIX

Permissions on directories and files

Hello, I have a main directory called /test123 /test123 has lot of sub-directories and files. drwxr-x--- 21 root system 4096 Jan 25 10:20 /test123 Here, "other" does not have any access to /test123 folder. How can we provide read-only access to others on /test123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
1 Replies
Bio::Chado::Schema::Test(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Bio::Chado::Schema::Test(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Chado::Schema::Test - Library to be used by Bio::Chado::Schema test scripts. SYNOPSIS
use lib qw(t/lib); use Bio::Chado::Schema::Test; use Test::More; my $schema = Bio::Chado::Schema::Test->init_schema(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides the basic utilities to write tests against Bio::Chado::Schema. METHODS
init_schema my $schema = Bio::Chado::Schema::Test->init_schema( deploy => 1, populate => 1, storage_type => '::DBI::Replicated', storage_type_args => { balancer_type=>'DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Replicated::Balancer::Random' }, ); This method removes the test SQLite database in t/var/BCS.db and then creates a new, empty database. This method will call deploy_schema() by default, unless the deploy flag is set to 0. This method will call populate_schema() if the populate argument is set to a true value. has_custom_dsn Returns true if the BCS_TEST_DSN environment variable is set. deploy_schema Bio::Chado::Schema::Test->deploy_schema( $schema ); This method does one of two things to the schema. It can either call the experimental $schema->deploy() if the BCSTEST_SQLT_DEPLOY environment variable is set, otherwise the default is to read in the t/lib/sqlite.sql file and execute the SQL within. Either way you end up with a fresh set of tables for testing. populate_schema Bio::Chado::Schema::Test->populate_schema( $schema ); After you deploy your schema you can use this method to populate the tables with test data. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-08 Bio::Chado::Schema::Test(3pm)