Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat new system board replacement? Post 302693749 by rama krishna on Wednesday 29th of August 2012 04:14:09 PM
Old 08-29-2012
Naveen ,

Verify the MAC address of the Onboard interfaces they will change after your replace the systemboard.
This User Gave Thanks to rama krishna For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is this the UNIX operating system board? TOTAL NEWBIE

I'm trying to find information to help me switch to UNIX os from Windows98. Is this where I should be? If so, can someone get me started? I have a Compaq Presario 5030 with a USR 56k modem and other peripherials. Sound card is integrated onto the motherboard (I think). So, I need drivers, etc. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leohutt
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Board Maintenance

Just a remark now the board has grown to considerable proportion. I see too little of an active hand(s) maintaning the boards, clipping away dead posts, moving posts that were created in the wrong forums etc. It's a bit tiring to see alot of threads ending in: this has been covered before, do a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patvdv
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mother Board Drivers ...........??

Hi friends i am going to use FEDORA CORE ...Should i need to install Mother Board Drivers ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haisubbu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep connection alive between PC and board

HI all, I have armv7 board and i will execute script in host machine with ssh connection from board . I have to test when board in standby mode the script runned in host remain working . The result is the reverse when kernel is in standby mode on board. SSH connection closed and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marwen_joe
3 Replies

5. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Board not present

Can please somebody tell me what could be the reason for the following error (Unix Motorola Server): /usr/etc/ce3/s374: Board at address 0xff10000 not present - Entry skipped. /dev/lpc2: I/O error I already replaced the board 374 on the server, but I have the same problem. Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dma
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

The Alternate DC board for AudioScope.sh.

Hi guys... Well I have entered an area of partial insnity... ;o) Below is a photo of the 'ALTDC' board for AudioScope.sh... I have decided to incorporate all three methods for obtaining DC into this MBP via the MIC input. 1) VFO. 2) CHOPPER. 3) COUNTER. The controller for the COUNTER... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
9 Replies
mdc(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    mdc(4)

Name
       mdc - DS5100 serial line driver

Syntax
       device	 mdc0	  at ibus?     vector mdcintr
       device	 mdc1	  at ibus?     vector mdcintr
       device	 mdc2	  at ibus?     vector mdcintr

Description
       A  DS5100 base system (mdc0) provides four asynchronous ports.  An optional asynchronous card (mdc1 and mdc2 ) can be added to supply eight
       additional ports.

The mdc ports are used as follows:

Port    Usage			  Connector

0       Console port		  6-pin MMJ on CPU board
       1       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ on CPU board
       2       Full modem control port	  25-pin D-Sub on CPU board
       3       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ on CPU board

An optional asynchronous board provides an additional eight lines:

4       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       5       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       6       Full modem control port	  25-pin D-Sub
       7       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       8       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       9       Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       10      Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ
       11      Local terminal		  6-pin MMJ

The console baud rate is set to 9600 baud by default.  You can change this by setting the baud environment variable  from  console  prompt.
       Each  communication  port  from	the  serial  line controller behaves as described in the reference page and can be set to run at any of 16
       speeds.	For the encoding, see

You can establish the state of port 2 (port 6) by specifying either modem or nomodem as part of the file entry.

Restrictions
       The speed default is to 9600 baud on the console port.  The console device must be set for 8-bit character length with one stop bit and	no
       parity. The driver enforces these restrictions; that is, changing speeds with the command may not always work on console ports.

Files
       Console terminal

Full modem control or local terminal

See Also
       console(4), devio(4), tty(4), ttys(5), MAKEDEV(8)

RISC								    mdc(4)