Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating textfile from arguments Post 302693427 by zaxxon on Wednesday 29th of August 2012 08:00:04 AM
Old 08-29-2012
Is this homework/classroom stuff?

Example with ksh as a start:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

STR=hejhopp
C=1
MAX=16

for E in $@; do
        while [ $C -le $MAX ]; do
                let C+=1
                print $STR$E
        done
        C=1
done

You can check the input with case/esac. Try it out and ask if you get stuck.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

plugging out value from a textfile

Hi, need some help from all of you as i'm a beginner in shellscript. Currently i have a textfile(filename.txt) with the below content: TOTAL: 30 RECORDS: 300 anyone one know how do i plug out the value of 30 and put into a variable(var1) and 300 into another variable(var2)?I'm coding using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Textfile lesson

Tag allerseits Ich habe ein umfangreiches Script. Darin möchte ich zu Beginn ein textfile lesen. Den ersten Satz. Dann kommen mehrere Instruktionen und dann soll wieder gelesen werden. Den zweiten Satz. Etc. Ich kann also das herkömmliche while read xyz / do ... done nicht benützen. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating printf statement using user arguments

I am writing a script in bash and want to perform the operation I check number of arguments and make a print statement with the passes arguments If I pass 3 arguments I will do printf "$frmt" "$1" "$2" "$3"If I have 4 arguments I do printf "$frmt" "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4"etc (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change value in a textFile

Hi everyone, I need to make a script to take three parameters: -> KEY -> NEW_VALUE -> FILE The FILE is a text plane file. The KEY is a variable to configure, for example: KEY1 = HOLA KEY2= HOLA KEY3=HELLO KEY4 =HOLA And the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut lines from and to in a textfile

i am having a text file like below rama surya pandu latha singh raja i want to get the new file from 3 to 5 i.e pandu latha singh please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Use Textfile for variables ?

So... I have a text file that contains this (hex.txt): #8C7CA6 #6C70A5 #75777C #959A90 #7A7C6C #867DAB #80867E #8A87BD #6B71C6 #8F8A79 #9A9DCE #7E87D0 #69709E #82968C #7C8F81 #A3917B (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to separate sorte different characters from one textfile and copy them in a new textfile?

My first post, so don't kill me :) Say i open some textfile with some example like this. on the table are handy, bread and wine Now i know exactly what is in and i want to separate and sorted it in terminal to an existing file with another 2 existing lines in like this: table plane ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: schwatter
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variablecontent in a Textfile

I want to save a variablecontent in a Textfile. How can i do that? These works only with ls shell_exec("ls > text.txt");Please use code tags, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
2 Replies
Prophet::CLI::Command(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Prophet::CLI::Command(3pm)

Registering argument translations
       This is the Prophet CLI's way of supporting short forms for arguments, e.g. you want to let '-v' be able to used for the same purpose as
       '--verbose' without dirtying your code checking both or manually setting them if they exist. We want it to be as easy as possible to have
       short commands.

To use, have your command subclass do:

sub ARG_TRANSLATIONS { shift->SUPER::ARG_TRANSLATIONS(),  f => 'file' };

You can register as many translations at a time as you want.  The arguments will be translated when the command object is instantiated. If
       an arg already exists in the arg translation table, it is overwritten with the new value.

require_uuid
       Checks to make sure the uuid attribute is set. Prints an error and dies with the command's usage string if it is not set.

edit_text [text] -> text
       Filters the given text through the user's $EDITOR using Proc::InvokeEditor.

edit_hash hash => hashref, ordering => arrayref
       Filters the hash through the user's $EDITOR using Proc::InvokeEditor.

No validation is done on the input or output.

If the optional ordering argument is specified, hash keys will be presented in that order (with unspecified elements following) for edit.

If the record class for the current type defines a "immutable_props" routine, those props will not be presented for editing.

False values are not returned unless a prop is removed from the output.

edit_props arg => str, defaults => hashref, ordering => arrayref
       Returns a hashref of the command's props mixed in with any default props.  If the "arg" argument is specified, (default "edit", use "undef"
       if you only want default arguments), then "edit_hash" is invoked on the property list.

If the "ordering" argument is specified, properties will be presented in that order (with unspecified props following) if filtered through
       "edit_hash".

prompt_choices question
       Asks user the question and returns 0 if answer was the second choice, 1 otherwise. (First choice is the default.)

prompt_Yn question
       Asks user the question and returns true if answer was positive or false otherwise. Default answer is 'Yes' (returns true).

print_usage
       Print the command's usage message to STDERR and die. Commands should implement "usage_msg", which returns the usage message.

If the usage message method needs arguments passed in, use a closure.

get_cmd_and_subcmd_names [no_type => 1]
       Gets the name of the script that was run and the primary commands that were specified on the command-line. If a true boolean is passed in
       as "no_type", won't add '<record-type>' to the subcmd if no type was passed in via the primary commands.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-08-19						Prophet::CLI::Command(3pm)