Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retrieve lines that match any occurence in a list of patterns Post 302693419 by raj_saini20 on Wednesday 29th of August 2012 07:41:21 AM
Old 08-29-2012
try using gsub on $0 of file2
This User Gave Thanks to raj_saini20 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk help to match list of patterns and remove from org file

Hi, From the pattern mentioned below remove lines based on pattern range. Conditions 1 Look For all lines starting with ALTER TABLE and Ending with ; and contains the word MOVE.I wanto to remove these lines from the file sample below. Note : The above pattern list could be found in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieve lines that match a pattern

Hi, I would like to know how can I get lines from a text file that match no more than 2 '>'. Example: Input file: a >cr1 4 a>b b>c a >cr2 5 a>b Output file: a >cr2 5 a>b Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing file lines that each match to a different patterns

I have a very large file (10,000,000 lines), that contains a sample id and a property of that sample. I have another file that contains around 1,000,000 lines with sample ids that I want to remove from the original file (create a new file without these lines). I know how to do this in Perl, but it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jo_puzzled
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines which match multiple patterns

Hi, I have a text file as follows: 11:38:11.054 run1_rdseq avg_2-5 999988.0000 1024.0000 11:50:52.053 run3_rdrand 999988.0000 1135.0 128.0417 11:53:18.050 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 8180.5833 11:55:42.051 run4_wrrand avg_2-5 999988.0000 213.8333 11:55:06.053... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annazpereira
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get line after occurence of sequence of patterns

In the past I needed a help with the problem how to search for pattern after the occurence of another pattern which is described in this thread: https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...-pattern1.html Now I would need something quite similar, only the pattern which is to be searched must be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameucho
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed print between 2 patterns only last occurence

Hi, I have a file, which contains the following log data. I am trying to print fromt he file the following data: I have tried using sed, but I am getting from the first pattern Thanks for your help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print between patterns - first occurence, second occurence etc

I have a file # cat asasas AAAAAA 11 22 33 44 BBBBB NILNILNIL AAAAAA 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 BBBBB NILNILNIL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get the first occurence between two patterns

I have an output file which gives me the timely status of a server. Sample file: March 11 2014 21:10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, x, y, z... 21:05, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, x, y, z... 21:00, 1, 2, 3, 4,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match 2 different patterns and print the lines

Hi, i have been trying to extract multiple lines based on two different patterns as below:- file1 @jkm|kdo|aas012|192.2.3.1 blablbalablablkabblablabla sjfdsakfjladfjefhaghfagfkafagkjsghfalhfk fhajkhfadjkhfalhflaffajkgfajkghfajkhgfkf jahfjkhflkhalfdhfwearhahfl @jkm|sdf|wud08q|168.2.1.3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
Bio::ClusterIO::dbsnp(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Bio::ClusterIO::dbsnp(3pm)

NAME
Bio::ClusterIO::dbsnp - dbSNP input stream SYNOPSIS
Do not use this module directly. Use it via the Bio::ClusterIO class. DESCRIPTION
Parse dbSNP XML files, one refSNP entry at a time. Note this handles dbSNPp output generated by NBCI's eutils and does NOT parse output derived from SNP's XML format (found at ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/snp/). FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR
Allen Day <allenday@ucla.edu> APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ next_cluster Title : next_cluster Usage : $dbsnp = $stream->next_cluster() Function: returns the next refSNP in the stream Returns : Bio::Variation::SNP object representing composite refSNP and its component subSNP(s). Args : NONE SAX methods start_document Title : start_document Usage : $parser->start_document; Function: SAX method to indicate starting to parse a new document. Creates a Bio::Variation::SNP Returns : none Args : none end_document Title : end_document Usage : $parser->end_document; Function: SAX method to indicate finishing parsing a new document Returns : none Args : none start_element Title : start_element Usage : $parser->start_element($data) Function: SAX method to indicate starting a new element Returns : none Args : hash ref for data end_element Title : end_element Usage : $parser->end_element($data) Function: Signals finishing an element Returns : none Args : hash ref for data characters Title : characters Usage : $parser->characters($data) Function: Signals new characters to be processed Returns : characters read Args : hash ref with the key 'Data' use_tempfile Title : use_tempfile Usage : $obj->use_tempfile($newval) Function: Get/Set boolean flag on whether or not use a tempfile Example : Returns : value of use_tempfile Args : newvalue (optional) perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::ClusterIO::dbsnp(3pm)