Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pseudo device?
Operating Systems Solaris pseudo device? Post 302693363 by orange47 on Wednesday 29th of August 2012 05:29:38 AM
Old 08-29-2012
can 'vmstat' also cause it?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: vol0

Hi I have a system that gave me some messages on bootup that I was not used to seeing: pseudo: pseudo-device: vol0 genunix: vol0 is /pseudo/vol@0 these came with these: Feb 13 17:42:17 system1 eri: SUNW,eri0 : 100 Mbps full duplex link up Feb 13 17:42:21 system1sendmail: My unqualified... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help...Pseudo-Device provides a Backdoor Entry to root.

Can Anybody help to create a pseudo-device and write a device driver for it. The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user. Instead of compiling the device driver into the kernel. Modules are object binaries that can be dynamically loaded into the kernel. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nyjilgeorge1
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user.

Problem statement. In this part of the assignment, delegates will create a pseudo-device and write a device driver for it. The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user. Instead of compiling the device driver into the kernel, delegate will create a module.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nyjilgeorge1
1 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
pseudo(4)							   File Formats 							 pseudo(4)

NAME
pseudo - configuration files for pseudo device drivers DESCRIPTION
Pseudo devices are devices that are implemented entirely in software. Drivers for pseudo devices must provide driver configuration files to inform the system of each pseudo device that should be created. Configuration files for pseudo device drivers must identify the parent driver explicitly as pseudo, and must create an integer property called instance which is unique to this entry in the configuration file. Each entry in the configuration file creates a prototype devinfo node. Each node is assigned an instance number which is determined by the value of the instance property. This property is only applicable to children of the pseudo parent, and is required since pseudo devices have no hardware address from which to determine the instance number. See driver.conf(4) for further details of configuration file syntax. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample configuration file. Here is a configuration file called ramdisk.conf for a pseudo device driver that implements a RAM disk. This file creates two nodes called "ramdisk". The first entry creates ramdisk node instance 0, and the second creates ramdisk node, instance 1, with the additional disk-size property set to 512. # # Copyright (c) 1993, by Sun Microsystems, Inc. # #ident "@(#)ramdisk.conf 1.3 93/06/04 SMI" name="ramdisk" parent="pseudo" instance=0; name="ramdisk" parent="pseudo" instance=1 disk-size=512; SEE ALSO
driver.conf(4), ddi_prop_op(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 15 Jun 1993 pseudo(4)