Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pseudo device?
Operating Systems Solaris pseudo device? Post 302693357 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 29th of August 2012 05:23:41 AM
Old 08-29-2012
This User Gave Thanks to DukeNuke2 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: vol0

Hi I have a system that gave me some messages on bootup that I was not used to seeing: pseudo: pseudo-device: vol0 genunix: vol0 is /pseudo/vol@0 these came with these: Feb 13 17:42:17 system1 eri: SUNW,eri0 : 100 Mbps full duplex link up Feb 13 17:42:21 system1sendmail: My unqualified... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help...Pseudo-Device provides a Backdoor Entry to root.

Can Anybody help to create a pseudo-device and write a device driver for it. The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user. Instead of compiling the device driver into the kernel. Modules are object binaries that can be dynamically loaded into the kernel. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nyjilgeorge1
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user.

Problem statement. In this part of the assignment, delegates will create a pseudo-device and write a device driver for it. The pseudo-device provides a “backdoor” for gaining root access for a particular user. Instead of compiling the device driver into the kernel, delegate will create a module.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nyjilgeorge1
1 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mapping between "Pseudo name" and "Logical device ID" in powerpath with SVM changed....

Dear All, I was having powerpath 5.2 on SUN server with SVM connected to CLARIION box.Please find the following output : root # powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=emcpower3a CLARiiON ID=CK200073400372 Logical device ID=60060160685D1E004DD97FB647BFDC11 state=alive; policy=CLAROpt;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reboot
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)