Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: zpool hasn't expanded
Operating Systems Solaris zpool hasn't expanded Post 302693341 by rudigarude on Wednesday 29th of August 2012 05:01:44 AM
Old 08-29-2012
Hi fpmurphy,

I'd already read that one.....or so I thought.

Quote:
Note: There is one limitation with this structure. Ordering the disks in increasing size, disk(n) must be at least as big as 2*(disk(n-1))-disk(n-2).
My ordering was 2+2+0.75+1

I'm going to switch the disk out one at a time to get them in the correct ordering, leaving the 1tb one till the end so it doesn't expand.

I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Macros expanded output of c files

Hi, I want to just expand the macros in a set of c files from a filelist which are in different directories. I don't want the header files included in the c file to be expanded. I have a perl script which does gcc -E <infile> -I <path to search for header files> -imacros <infile> But in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spsenthil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect contained in variable not expanded as expected

Hi all, I have a selection of files that contain several commands that write to a file and are started as background processes similar to below. command_to_run_simulator -simulator_arguments > log_file 2>&1 & command_to_run_simulator -simulator_arguments > log_file 2>&1 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noose
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file with variables expanded

Hello, I have this problem. I have script file, e.g. #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $MY_DIR ls -lt $MY_DIR I want to list the script but with MY_DIR variable expanded. E.g. MY_DIR=/abc/xyz (in shell MY_DIR is set) So I want to list the script and see: #!/usr/bin/ksh echo /abc/xyz ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1omen
6 Replies

4. Solaris

war file not expanded (tomcat solaris)

hi .. my example.war file is not expanded in the webapps folder.. could u guide me why the file is not expanded when i restart tomcat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ZPOOL help..

hi ... i have added a physical disk to the pool with ""zpool add <poolname> diskname"""... after that i realized that i have to mirror it instead..then i tried to take that disk out of the pool but i m not able to do that.. i have gone through many unix help sites , nothing worked , so please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yrajendergoud
6 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Removing a PV from a VG that hasn't been used

Hi all, So, I have the following setup: - Ubuntu 12,04 - 1 6TB physical volume (the one with data) - 1 13TB PV (no data... I think?) Here is the story... - I created an ext4 on the 13TB PV, added the 13TB to the VG to make a 13TB volume group. - Everything went fine and then I ran:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpimentel
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How the home alias (~) is it expanded?

echo $HOME return : /home/user1echo ~ return : /home/user1My_path=~/bin/"some dir1/some dir2" kate "$My_path/some_file"Kate open a file "~/~/bin/some dir1/some dir2/some_file" which does not exists. I was expecting kate to open : "~/bin/some dir1/some dir2/some_file" Any help is welcome. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wild char getting expanded in echo

Hi All, I am having a issue in a script. I am trying to execute a select * from a scirpt to a database and printing the the sql string. The * in the sqltring is printing all the files in the directory. How to handle it ? .. .. sql="select * from emp" execute ($sql) echo $sql Here my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies