Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows Post 302693079 by Corona688 on Tuesday 28th of August 2012 02:24:47 PM
Old 08-28-2012
I don't know how to help you with Visual Basic -- you might notice you're in the UNIX forums -- but perhaps the plink utility would be part of it, if visual basic can run an .exe file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to execute a shell script from Windows

I like to start a korn job remotely, from windows. I tried REXEC and that is not what I want. Need help !!!! thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyawlin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remotely administer/validate UNIX server via Windows machine?

Hi there--I think this is more of a Windows question, but I think many of you might be able to help me out: I have a UNIX web server and a Windows machine. I'm trying to script the following tasks so that they can be run from the Windows machine (via a batch file): 1. Shutdown web services... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sohungry73
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect remotely to a unix machine

Hello, I am connecting on a machine equiped with Unix, via SSH Secure Shell. On this machine I am running a script and I would like this script to be able to connect to another (Unix) machine to run a different process. In other words: when I am connected on a machine, how can I execute a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a shell script from windows;script present in unix

I need to execute a shell script kept in unix machine from windows. User id, password area available. For eg. There's a shell script wich moves all the logs kept in my home directory to a directory named LOGS. Now i need to get this done through windows; either using a batch file, or java... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to execute the shell remotely

Hi All, I have a typical problem where I have HP unix and want to connect to Solaris 5.10 box and run a shell. I tried with multiple forums but it does not help. As per my analysis, there is no ssh in my machine and so i cant connect to solaris box,secondly ftp to the solaris server is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute shell script in remote machine

Hi All, We have 2 servers A and B. B is having a sctipt called b.sh in path /home/dev/scripts. Now my requirement is i want to execute b.sh from server A. Kindly help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script on remote machine

I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below: ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist. Can anyone help me on this. Content of test.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
2 Replies
psftp(1)							 PuTTY tool suite							  psftp(1)

NAME
psftp - interactive SFTP (secure file transfer protocol) client SYNOPSIS
psftp [options] [user@]host DESCRIPTION
psftp is an interactive text-based client for the SSH-based SFTP (secure file transfer) protocol. OPTIONS
The command-line options supported by psftp are: -V Show version information and exit. -pgpfp Display the fingerprints of the PuTTY PGP Master Keys and exit, to aid in verifying new files released by the PuTTY team. -b batchfile Use specified batchfile. -bc Output batchfile commands. -be Don't stop batchfile processing on errors. -v Show verbose messages. -load session Load settings from saved session. -P port Connect to port port. -l user Set remote username to user. -batch Disable interactive prompts. -pw password Set remote password to password. CAUTION: this will likely make the password visible to other users of the local machine (via com- mands such as `w'). -1 Force use of SSH protocol version 1. -2 Force use of SSH protocol version 2. -C Enable SSH compression. -i path Private key file for authentication. COMMANDS
For a list of commands available inside psftp, type help at the psftp> prompt. MORE INFORMATION
For more information on psftp it's probably best to go and look at the manual on the PuTTY web page: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ BUGS
This man page isn't terribly complete. See the above web link for better documentation. PuTTY tool suite 2004-03-24 psftp(1)