Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to give multiple inputs to a shell script Post 302693005 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 28th of August 2012 10:25:47 AM
Old 08-28-2012
Maybe... Google for shell here-doc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give a variable to a command in shell script...

hi all... I am executing a comman in a shell script but the command needs a user input of character 'y' as input so it stops in between...may i know is there is any way of giving that character as input in the shell script itself???...thanks in advance.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: santy
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please give your inputs !!!!

I am trying to extract two fields from the output of ifconfig command on one of my sun server . The output looks like : root@e08k18:/tmp/test# ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 ce0:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
9 Replies

3. Solaris

i cannot give array declaration in shell script

Dear all, i m unable to give array decalartion in solaris Operating system shell script and script was so.sh declare -a bull for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 do bull=$i echo "${bull}" done it is throwing an error called so.sh: declare: not found so.sh: bull=1: not... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument to shell script that reads user inputs

Hi, Lets say I have a script "ss" which does this read abc echo $abc read pqr echo $pqr Now if I want to pass and argument to only "abc" how do I do it. If I do echo "somevalue" | ss, it does not prompt for pqr and its value comes out as blank. Any help is appreciated Thanks P (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patjones
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script which takes two inputs and copy the files from one directory to other

Hi, I am using solari 10 OS which is having bash shell. I need a shell script which takes user home directory and name of the file or directory as a input and based on that copy the files accordingly to the other directory. example:I hava a machine1 which is having some files in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Give inputs externally to awk script

Hello to all, Please some awk expert could help me. If I want to run an awk script as "command" give it inputs externally I do: Script.sh Input="$1" # "$1" is the input that will be given to the script Output=${Input%.*}.csv awk '{$1=$1}1' $Input | awk '{...}' > $Output and I run the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script?

I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to give multiple choices and a varying number of answers

Hello everybody, I use `case' quite a lot but , excellent as it is , it only gives one final result ; can anyone suggest a way whereas , say long lists of choices are given and I , or a user could select either one two or any number of results to be echoed . many thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: V686
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script inputs to python

Hi I am trying to pass 2 input parameters from shell script to python API end point ,but not passing what i expected when print those inputs .Please advise data.txt " 7554317" ,xx5e1 " 7554317" ,xx96 " 7554317" ,xxd6 " 554317" ,xde cat $sites/data.txt |sort |uniq >$sites/a.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Shell Script to Remove MongoDB Document-Based on Many inputs

Here I am in a position to write a Unix Shell script(.sh) to remove MongoDB collection documents. I know how to remove based on a condition like below and it works for me. eval 'db.Collection.remove({TimeStamp:{$lte: "'$var'"}}) But I need to change the remove statement based on a new parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilmadhanT
1 Replies