Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What's wrong with the do statement? Post 302692831 by RudiC on Tuesday 28th of August 2012 06:39:13 AM
Old 08-28-2012
Add a line set -vx to the biginning of the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this simple statement?

I know that this is a ridiculously simple statement, but I am getting an error when I execute it, and I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone point me in the right direction? #!/bin/ksh integer dateMonth=0 integer intZero=0 if then dateMonth = 1 fi echo $dateMonth (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mharley
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement - How to write a null statement

In my ksh script, if the conditions of a if statement are true, then do nothing; otherwise, execute some commands. How do I write the "do nothing" statement in the following example? Example: if (( "$x"="1" && "$y"="a" && "$z"="happy" )) then do nothing else command command fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

whats wrong with this find statement ?

cmd="find /a/technologies -name '*.jar' | grep \"Tuning/specificloader/lib\"" echo $cmd for index in `$cmd` do SL_JARS="${SL_JARS}:${index}" done gives error ==> find: paths must precede expression Usage: find but for index in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something is wrong with this switch( case statement.

I started writing a script to save the files from a camera I got the other day, which mounts in /Volumes , and I got into it and started building this menu. The only problem is that the switch case is coming up as a syntax error at the parenthesis after a case. Here is the code: while : do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakemasterAK
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is wrong with this awk statement?

echo $line | awk -F, "BEGIN {if(NF==10) && /'"${MONTH}"' '"${DAY}"' '"${TIMEH}:"'/,0 {print $10"-"$4} else {print $13"-"$4}}" if the fields in the line is equal to 10, print the values of this specified fields "$10 and $4". if the fields in the line is anything but 10, print the values of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

8. Programming

Whats wrong with this If statement?

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? Code: if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gevni
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide value:$divide"... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi I am pretty new to bash scripting.I am trying to write the if statement in bash and it give me error. Can you please help me what I am doing wrong in If statement? if && && then fector=$kk; divide=$DB_SIZE/$kk; echo "factor value:$fector" echo"divide value:$divide"... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
QRENCODE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QRENCODE(1)

NAME
qrencode - Encode input data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. SYNOPSIS
qrencode [OPTION]... [STRING] DESCRIPTION
Libqrencode is a library for encoding data in a QR Code symbol, a kind of 2D symbology that can be scanned by handy terminals such as a mobile phone with CCD. The capacity of QR Code is up to 7000 digits or 4000 characters, and has high robustness. Qrencode is a utility software using libqrencode to encode string data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. OPTIONS
-h, --help display help message. -o FILENAME, --output=FILENAME write image to FILENAME. If '-' is specified, the result will be output to standard output. If -S is given, structured symbols are written to FILENAME-01.png, FILENAME-02.png, ... (suffix is removed from FILENAME, if specified) -s NUMBER, --size=NUMBER specify the size of dot (pixel). (default=3) -l {LMQH}, --level={LMQH} specify error collectin level from L (lowest) to H (highest). (default=L) -v NUMBER, --symversion=NUMBER specify the version of the symbol. (default=auto) -m NUMBER, --margin=NUMBER specify the width of margin. (default=4) -d NUMBER, --dpi=NUMBER specify the DPI of the generated PNG. (default=72) -t {PNG,EPS,SVG,ANSI,ANSI256,ASCII,ASCIIi,UTF8,ANSIUTF8} --type={PNG,EPS,SVG,ANSI,ANSI256,ASCII,ASCIIi,UTF8,ANSIUTF8} specify the type of the generated image. (default=PNG) -S, --structured make structured symbols. Version must be specified. -k, --kanji assume that the input text contains kanji (shift-jis). -c, --casesensitive encode lower-case alphabet characters in 8-bit mode. (default) -i, --ignorecase ignore case distinctions and use only upper-case characters. -8, --8bit encode entire data in 8-bit mode. -k, -c and -i will be ignored. -M, --micro encode in a Micro QR Code. (experimental) --foreground=RRGGBB[AA] --background=RRGGBB[AA] specify foreground/background color in hexadecimal notation. 6-digit (RGB) or 8-digit (RGBA) form are supported. Color output sup- port available only in PNG and SVG. -V, --version display the version number and copyrights of the qrencode. [STRING] input data. If it is not specified, data will be taken from standard input. EXAMPLES
qrencode -l L -v 1 -o output.png 'Hello, world!' encode into a symbol version 1, level L. qrencode -iSv 1 --output=output.png read standard input and encode it into a structured-appended symbols in case-insensitive mode. AUTHOR
Written by Kentaro Fukuchi. RESOURCES
Main Web Site: http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/ Source code repository: https://github.com/fukuchi/libqrencode/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2012 Kentaro Fukuchi. qrencode 3.4.1 Oct. 9, 2012 QRENCODE(1)