Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCP Wrappers on AIX 5.3
Operating Systems AIX TCP Wrappers on AIX 5.3 Post 302692759 by zaxxon on Tuesday 28th of August 2012 05:17:03 AM
Old 08-28-2012
How do you specify the hosts, by IP address or name? If by name, do you use a name that can be resolved?
Try to log in from one of those hosts you want to be denied and do a who am i and check, if this is the same hostname (maybe FQDN or not), that is in your rule. I would try using exact that hostname that who am i shows.
If it still does not work, try to filter by IP address.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

TCP Wrappers

I have installed TCP wrappers , Good package ... I have a problem with the hosts_options part ... I am not able to use the twist command .. It just dosent respond I have compiled wrappers 7.6 for Solaris 8 with ipv6 support ... Everything works fine except the twist doesnt work I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

IBM-AIX and TCP/IP Problem

I am having a problem and I feel it's network related. I have an RS6000 running AIX. I use a terminal emulation program that allows me to connect to my server via TCP/IP. When I try and make the connection, it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get a login prompt on the screen. I also cannot ftp to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
3 Replies

3. Solaris

logging solaris 10 tcp-wrappers

I want to log tcp-wrapper events Solaris 10. I researched and saw that I could make a syslog entry in the hosts.deny, which I did below. After restarting syslog and having ssh blocking, I see nothing logging. I also do not get the email that should be generated. The file was taken from a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

4. Solaris

TCP Wrappers - again

has anyone ever tried using a client list in thier hosts.allow file Example of hosts.allow) in.ftpd: /etc/ftp.hosts "ftp.hosts" has my list of IP address that are allow access.... However I cant get this work...Any Comments or Help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodge_man
0 Replies

5. AIX

TCP wrappers

With things installed and wrapping ftpd on AIX 5.1 in hosts.deny I have; ALL: ALL in hosts.allow; ftpd: x.x.x.x ALL: x.x.x.x I get this on connect via ftp; 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection So its working as far as blocking but the hosts.allow seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: traken
1 Replies

6. AIX

TCP port 70000 on AIX 6.1? (Surely higher than allowed maximum?)

Looking at /etc/services on AIX 6.1, I noticed some bizarre port numbers which exceed the 16-bit maximum port number for TCP (i.e. they are higher than 65535.) sco_printer 70000/tcp sco_spooler # For System V print IPC sco_s5_port 70001/tcp lpNet_s5_port ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethr
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP Wrappers and restricting users

I'm using vsftpd which is being controlled by inetd. I have a user that I want to only be able to connect from one specific IP address on the same internal network so I can backup files on a separate system. Is this possible with TCP wrappers? I got the notion that it was because of a few... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mashiox
4 Replies

8. AIX

TCP/UDP port range for default AIX NFS?

May I know what is the TCP/UCP port range for any default AIX NFS? Based on rpcinfo -p, I got the following output: program vers proto port service 100000 4 udp 111 portmapper 100000 3 udp 111 portmapper 100000 2 udp 111 portmapper 100000 4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
4 Replies

9. AIX

Where is the same TCP parameters in AIX?

I am try to tuning a parameter in AIX 5L and 6 (for performance issue.) I find a link(https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=886358) The thread mention two parameter below, I can use "ndd" command to tuning. tcp_deferred_ack_interval = 2 tcp_deferred_ack_max = 2 but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
3 Replies

10. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)