Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in modification of code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help in modification of code Post 302692655 by learnbash on Tuesday 28th of August 2012 03:23:03 AM
Old 08-28-2012
help in modification of code

I have below code, i want to run this code, but this below code should run on

Code:
myblocka
myblockb
myblockcc
myblockxx
myblockanything

but it will not run on "myblock"

Code:
for BLOCK in /sys/block/myblock*
do
        echo "100000" > "$BLOCK"/abcd

done

Note: This below code block line should not run on myblock while run as above.

Code:
for BLOCK in /dev/myblock*

do
       echo "123"> "$BLOCK"

done

Last edited by zaxxon; 08-28-2012 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: placed description outside of code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap modification

How can i modify (expand) the swap memory (Sco Enterprise 5.0.5) using the swap command...? The excisting swap is 512 and i want to increase it to 1024...? Thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychofredy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification

Dear all, i have a file which contains this lines. 0-0 CC=1 0-01 0-011 0-0111 0-01110 F=500 CC=1 L=15 M=5 TRD=3948... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

ifconfig modification

Hi all,,i have problem with my homework form my lecture.. He is give me a homework to create: ifconfig eth0 0.255.255.255 1.1.168.192 my lecture says, i can making the shell scripting to finish my homework.. i have question, can setting ifconfig like in the upper? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demhyt
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a modification on this script

Hi All I have files contains rows which look like this: 2 20090721_16:58:47.173 JSUD2 JD1M1 20 IAM 966591835270 249918113182 b 3610 ACM b 3614 ACM b 3713 CPG b 3717 CPG f 5799 REL b 5815 RLC b 5817 RLC :COMMA: NCI=00,FCI=6101,CPC=0A,TMR=00,OFI=00,USI: :COMMB: BCI=1234: :RELCAUSE:10: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modification of Two Files

I have a script that produces two output files each containing the same number of lines <file1.txt> and <file2.txt>. What I need to do is combine both files into a new file <file3.txt> where line 1 of <file1.txt> is put to the right (and on the same line) as line 1 of <file2.txt> and then the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theref
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file modification

Hi, I have a file test.txt . The contain of the file is as below : 365798~SAPUS~PR5~0000799005~ADM CHARG MEDCAL INS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SLAC480 I want to modify this file. And file contain loking like "365798"~"SAPUS"~"PR5"~"0000799005"~"ADM CHARG MEDCAL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for File Modification

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt. cat abcd.txt output is as follows : "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~"cc" "dd"~"005"~"" ~""~"kk"~"aa"~"00 8"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat abcd.txt "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~ "cc""dd"~"005"~""~""~ "kk"~"aa"~"008"~""~""~ I have a script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk modification

I need help modifying the code below. DATAFILE is a log file. I have two strings i need to search for in the log file. The two strings are: 1. ERROR 2. com.rolander.promotions.client awk 'BEGIN { while((getline < "'${SFILE}'")>0) S FS="\n"; RS="\n" } (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification in script

Hi, I have below script, i want to monitor that that ntp server listed in setting is under sync or not. I wrote below script but it is not working properly. Here are problems, first it should server under sync if "*" shows and rest if shows "+" it means it is next server in waiting list.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

cp modification

I'm usia Raspbian, a Debian subset, and wondering what work would be involved in altering the cp command. cp at present needs a full path and file name for source and at least full filename for destination. How can I change this so the second parameter isn't needed? So if the destination... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
6 Replies
Template::Document(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Template::Document(3)

NAME
Template::Document - Compiled template document object SYNOPSIS
use Template::Document; $doc = Template::Document->new({ BLOCK => sub { # some perl code; return $some_text }, DEFBLOCKS => { header => sub { # more perl code; return $some_text }, footer => sub { # blah blah blah; return $some_text }, }, METADATA => { author => 'Andy Wardley', version => 3.14, } }) || die $Template::Document::ERROR; print $doc->process($context); DESCRIPTION
This module defines an object class whose instances represent compiled template documents. The Template::Parser module creates a "Template::Document" instance to encapsulate a template as it is compiled into Perl code. The constructor method, new(), expects a reference to a hash array containing the "BLOCK", "DEFBLOCKS" and "METADATA" items. The "BLOCK" item should contain a reference to a Perl subroutine or a textual representation of Perl code, as generated by the Template::Parser module. This is then evaluated into a subroutine reference using "eval()". The "DEFLOCKS" item should reference a hash array containing further named "BLOCK"s which may be defined in the template. The keys represent "BLOCK" names and the values should be subroutine references or text strings of Perl code as per the main "BLOCK" item. The "METADATA" item should reference a hash array of metadata items relevant to the document. The process() method can then be called on the instantiated "Template::Document" object, passing a reference to a Template::Context object as the first parameter. This will install any locally defined blocks ("DEFBLOCKS") in the "BLOCKS" cache in the context (via a call to visit()) so that they may be subsequently resolved by the context. The main "BLOCK" subroutine is then executed, passing the context reference on as a parameter. The text returned from the template subroutine is then returned by the process() method, after calling the context leave() method to permit cleanup and de-registration of named "BLOCKS" previously installed. An "AUTOLOAD" method provides access to the "METADATA" items for the document. The Template::Service module installs a reference to the main "Template::Document" object in the stash as the "template" variable. This allows metadata items to be accessed from within templates, including "PRE_PROCESS" templates. header: <html> <head> <title>[% template.title %] </head> ... "Template::Document" objects are usually created by the Template::Parser but can be manually instantiated or sub-classed to provide custom template components. METHODS
new(\%config) Constructor method which accept a reference to a hash array containing the structure as shown in this example: $doc = Template::Document->new({ BLOCK => sub { # some perl code; return $some_text }, DEFBLOCKS => { header => sub { # more perl code; return $some_text }, footer => sub { # blah blah blah; return $some_text }, }, METADATA => { author => 'Andy Wardley', version => 3.14, } }) || die $Template::Document::ERROR; "BLOCK" and "DEFBLOCKS" items may be expressed as references to Perl subroutines or as text strings containing Perl subroutine definitions, as is generated by the Template::Parser module. These are evaluated into subroutine references using "eval()". Returns a new "Template::Document" object or "undef" on error. The error() class method can be called, or the $ERROR package variable inspected to retrieve the relevant error message. process($context) Main processing routine for the compiled template document. A reference to a Template::Context object should be passed as the first parameter. The method installs any locally defined blocks via a call to the context visit() method, processes its own template, (passing the context reference as a parameter) and then calls leave() in the context to allow cleanup. print $doc->process($context); Returns a text string representing the generated output for the template. Errors are thrown via "die()". block() Returns a reference to the main "BLOCK" subroutine. blocks() Returns a reference to the hash array of named "DEFBLOCKS" subroutines. AUTOLOAD An autoload method returns "METADATA" items. print $doc->author(); PACKAGE SUB-ROUTINES write_perl_file(\%config) This package subroutine is provided to effect persistence of compiled templates. If the "COMPILE_EXT" option (to indicate a file extension for saving compiled templates) then the Template::Parser module calls this subroutine before calling the new() constructor. At this stage, the parser has a representation of the template as text strings containing Perl code. We can write that to a file, enclosed in a small wrapper which will allow us to susequently "require()" the file and have Perl parse and compile it into a "Template::Document". Thus we have persistence of compiled templates. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template, Template::Parser perl v5.12.1 2009-06-17 Template::Document(3)