Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file name shortening for multiple directories Post 302692491 by giseismology on Monday 27th of August 2012 06:01:00 PM
Old 08-27-2012
thank you!!!!! you have made my life about a million times easier. happy monday. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving directories to new directories on multiple servers

Hi - I am new to unix scripts...I need to move several directories on multiple servers to new directories. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackdaddy07
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy single file to multiple directories

Please help - I need to copy a single file to multiple directories. Dir structure: Parent_Directoy Filename1 Child_Directory1 Child_Directory2 Child_Directory3 Child_Directory4 .... So I need to copy Filename1 to all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read list of filenames from text file and remove these files in multiple directories

I have a large list of filenames from an Excel sheet, which I then translate into a simple text file. I'd like to use this list, which contains various file extensions , to archive these files and then remove them recursively through multiple directories and subdirectories. So far, it looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fxvisions
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple directories exist else create missing directories

Hi , I 'm trying to check if multiple directories exist on a server, if not create the missing ones and print " creating missing directory. how to write this in a simple script, I have made my code complex if ; then taskStatus="Schema extract directory exists, checking if SQL,Count and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting multiple directories inside multiple directories

Hi, Very unfamiliar with unix/linux stuff. Our admin is on vacation so, need help very quickly. I have directories (eg 40001, 40002, etc) that each have one subdirectory (01). Each subdir 01 has multiple subdirs (001, 002, 003, etc). They are same in each dir. I need to keep the top and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkouraus1
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy file using unix in multiple directories

Hi All Genious, I want to copy a file name XYZ .In a directory /HOME/dir/IXOS1/dir1 which contain multiple directories named not in pattern want to copy the XYZ in all of the directories available on path /HOME/dir/IXOS1/dir1 . Thanks in advance . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumakhij
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple directories and file from them

Hello I'm making script for Dallas temperature sensors (DS1820). When a sensor is connected, it shows up as a directory in /sys/bus/w1/devices in format 10-xxxxxxx. Inside the directory is a file called w1_slave which holds the temperature in format t=xxxxx. Each sensor has unique... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klipeti
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with create multiple directories under diff file systems

Hi, Need help ...I want to create multiple directories in different /file systems using for loop..eg.../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/ctl. ../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/data. ../ORCL_data01/oradata/orcl/redo. Script :- ========= for dir in `ls -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux6.5
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to Search a FILE for a STRING in multiple DIRECTORIES

Hi, Can someone please help me with a Command to Search a FILE for a STRING in multiple DIRECTORIES. I am searching for the VIP in HTTPD.CONF in multiple httpd instances. I am using find ./ -name "httpd.conf" | xargs grep 10.22.0.141 cut -d: -f3- | cut -d ' ' -f4 | sort | uniq -c ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crosairs
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge values from multiple directories into one file in awk or bash

I am trying to merge or combine all $1 values in validation.txt from multiple directories into one new file and output it here tab-delimited:/home/cmccabe/Desktop/20x/total/total.txt. Each $2 value and the header would then be a new field in total.txt. I am not sure how to go about this as cat is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
dspam_clean(1)							       DSPAM							    dspam_clean(1)

NAME
dspam_clean - perform periodic maintenance of metadata SYNOPSIS
dspam_clean [--profile=PROFILE] [-s[signature_life]] [-p[probability_life]] [-u[sl,hcl,shl,ihl]] [user1 user2 ... userN] DESCRIPTION
dspam_clean is used to perform periodic housecleaning on DSPAM's metadata dictionary by deleting old or useless data. OPTIONS
--profile=PROFILE Specify a storage profile from dspam.conf. The storage profile selected will be used for all database connectivity. See dspam.conf for more information. -s Performs stale signature purging. If a value is specified, the default value of 14 days will be overridden. Specifying an age of 0 will delete all signatures from the user(s) processed. -p Deletes all tokens from the target user(s) database whose probability is between 0.35 and 0.65 (fairly neutral, useless data). If a value is specified, the default life of 30 days will be overridden. It's a good idea to use this flag once with a life of 0 days for users after a significant amount of corpus training. -u Deletes all unused tokens from a user's dataset. Four different life values are used: sl Stale tokens which have not been used for a long period of time hcl Tokens with a total hit count below 5 (which will be assigned a hapaxial value by DSPAM) shl Tokens witha single spam hit ihl Tokens with a single innocent hit Ages may be overridden by specifying a format string, such as -u30,15,10,10 where each number represents the respective life. Speci- fying a life of zero will delete all unused tokens in the category. user1 user2 ... userN Specify the username(s) to perform the selected maintenance operations on. If no username is specified, all users are processed. EXIT VALUE
0 Operation was successful. other Operation resulted in an error. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 DSPAM Project All rights reserved. For more information, see http://dspam.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
dspam(1), dspam_admin(1), dspam_crc(1), dspam_dump(1), dspam_logrotate(1), dspam_merge(1), dspam_stats(1), dspam_train(1) DSPAM
Apr 17, 2010 dspam_clean(1)