Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat where to get redhat's guest's rootfs image Post 302692441 by admin_xor on Monday 27th of August 2012 04:12:56 PM
Old 08-27-2012
Which virtualization product are you using? e.g VMware, XEN, KVM. Also, if possible, please rephrase your question.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

redhat xen will not boot winXP cdrom image

I'm running redhat linux: 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5xen #1 SMP Tue Mar 24 12:28:27 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux as my Dom0. I have several other DomU's running on this system, but for this test I've shut them down. I'm attempting to boot winXP from an image. Here is my config file: #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: willjw1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rootfs query

Hi Guys actually I have installed the library of qt on my desktop with the help of a blog and after the installation the following thing is written in the blog , which I didn't mean , so please help me out of it. the code is: Build filesystem, copy necessary Qt libraries to the filesystem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piyush011
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

One line to copy to do a rootfs

$ ls bin boot dev etc home lib lib64 media mnt opt proc root sbin sys tmp usr var guest_rootfs I want to copy all the directory to guest_rootfs except "/bin /usr /var /tmp /sys and /guest_rootfs itself " with one line (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Cannot install KVM guest on CentOS/RedHat

Hi, I've a CentOS Server and I need to create KVM guest machine without X. /usr/sbin/virt-install --name server1 --ram 4000 --vcpus=8 --file=/srv/virtual/server1.img --file-size=20 --cdrom /tmp/server1.iso --mac=52:54:00:fd:48:7c The iso was created with cobbler... So, now the machine is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

KVM - VM Guest

Background : - Need to create addition 40G storage for VM guest. 1. I have created new KVM - VM guest on RHEL 5.8 server hosting server. 2. Hosting server has occupied all size with LV and there is not space to create new LV. 3. I tried to achieve this requirement by creating 40G file size and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nats
1 Replies
PDB_ODSAM(8)															      PDB_ODSAM(8)

NAME
pdb_odsam - Open Directory account information database for smbd SYNOPSIS
The pdb_odsam plugin is the default account information database backend used on Mac OS X. It makes users and groups record from Open Directory available to Samba. idmap_odsam should always be used in conjunction with the odsam passdb backend. OPTIONS
odsam: map guest to guest = BOOL If this is true (the default), pdb_odsam map the literal username "guest" to the configured guest account. This makes "guest" an alias for the configured guest account regardless of whether an account named "guest" exists or not. odsam: msglevel = LEVEL LEVEL is the integer log level at which pdb_odsam should emit log messages. The lower LEVEL is, the more verbose the log messages. odsam: traceall = BOOL If this is true, pdb_odsam will emit log messages for all Open Directory calls. If it is false (the default), it will only log errors. EXAMPLES
[global] idmap domain = default idmap config default:default = yes idmap config default:backend = odsam idmap alloc backend = odsam passdb backend = odsam odsam: msglevel = 0 # Log at debugging levels odsam: traceall = no # Do not trace Open Directory calls BUGS
Please report bugs to Apple. SEE ALSO
DirectoryService(8), smb.conf(5), smbd(8) PDB_ODSAM(8)