Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a part of a filename containing a particular word Post 302692355 by Corona688 on Monday 27th of August 2012 01:11:57 PM
Old 08-27-2012
In what way is it "not working"? Be specific.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

part of a filename

Hi, I need to extract only a part of the filenames of some files. The files are named this way : .tap_profile_SIT02 I want the "SIT02" part, which is not the same for each file. I was able to get what I want with bash, but not with ksh. Here is the command I used in bash : find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: flame_eagle
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Part of a "Word", using AWK or SED????

I have been lurking on this forum for some time now and appreciate Everyone's help. I need to find a way to get the SystemID from this XML file. The file is much larger than just this one line but I can grep and get this line Printed. But really just need the "systemid". <test123: prefintem... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep part of word or Another word from a string

Hi all, FileOne family balance >>>>> 0 0 0 0 java.io.FileNotFoundException: Settings.xml (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) .. .... ..... ..... java.lang.NullPointerException ... ..... ...... Stacktrace: at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract whole thing in word, leaving behind last word. - perl

Hi, i've a string /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TESi T_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to get string, like /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD the words from HD should get deleted, i need only a string till HD, i dont want to use any built in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting part of a filename

Hi All, I'm trying to get part of a filename and my skill with regular expression are lacking. I know I need to use SED but have no idea how to use it. I'm hoping that someone can help me out. The file names would be: prefix<partwewant>suffix.extension the prefix and suffix are always 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract part of word from XML

Hi All, Can Someone help me in capturing a word from xml Using sed or awk or any other way in unix. i have file abc.xml like this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?> - <NREC xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> - <HEADER> <SOURCE>MAIL</SOURCE>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveenkumarc
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

8. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Date part from the filename

Hi All, I have incoming source files abcmmyy.txt I need to extract the mmyy part from the filename and pass that to a variable . I really appreciate your quick response on this. Thanks raj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract date and time part from filename

Hi, I am facing one scenario in which I need to extract exact position of date and time from the name of the files. For example, Below is the record in which I need to extract position of YYYYMMDD,HHMISS and YYMMDD. Date and time variables can come more than once. I need to use these position... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
13 Replies
casparize(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						      casparize(1)

NAME
      casparize - Set up caspar Makefile in a new directory

SYNOPSIS
      casparize dir (/path/to/config/dir)

casparize file (/path/to/config/dir/file)

DESCRIPTION
      casparize  creates  a  new  configuration  working directory in your current working directory, sets up a Makefile for caspar(7) in this new
      directory, and optionally copies an original configuration file from its original system place to the newly  created  configuration  working
      directory.

USAGE
      You typically use casparize when you already have created the root configuration working directory with its include directory and install.mk
      Caspar include file. By analysing your current working directory and the configuration directory path you give on  the  command  line,  cas-
      parize  can  deduce the contents of the Makefile in the newly created configuration working directory. It creates the new directory, creates
      the correct Makefile, and optionally copies the given configuration file in the new directory, ready for its first version commit.

EXAMPLES
      A typical example:

$ cd <svn>/etc
	$ casparize /etc/postfix/main.cf

creates the directory <svn>/etc/postfix, creates <svn>/etc/postfix/Makefile including the proper content,  and  copies  /etc/postfix/main.cf
      into <svn>/etc/postfix/main.cf. You can now directly add and commit the new directory.

BUGS
      Non known at this moment.

AUTHOR
      Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

casparize 20120508						      8 mai 2012							casparize(1)