Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system Post 302692109 by nikhil kasar on Monday 27th of August 2012 06:35:21 AM
Old 08-27-2012
how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all
I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it?

right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem
please help some production data is to be restore.

backup was taken using vxdump command. we have SDLT 320 Tape Drive backup was taken using it. Backup was taken on solaris 8.
Now we have solaris 10 ufs file system and want to restore from veritas file system (taken using vxdump command os is solaris 8) and we dont have any server having veritas volume manager.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. Solaris

How to remove a ufs file system?

Hello, On a box with Solaris 10 I created a ufs file system and now I need to remove that file system. How do I remove a ufs file system on Solaris 10? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmichner
5 Replies

3. Solaris

backup,restore and ufs snapshot

dear all, i want to perform back up,restore and snapshot activities in the hard disk using solaries 10. how can i do this, can any body provide me step by step precedure for that. waiting for reply. al amin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
2 Replies

4. Solaris

ufs file system

I ;ve an application which has does not support zfs and i 've a 100Gb Lun with zfs on it , how to go back to ufs .. and use SVM for the same ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 - how to backup and restore system disc

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and now I am wondering what is the best way to backup (to another hard disc) and restore the system hard disc content. The backup should to be done every night using a script launched by cron and all previously done backups should be available to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RychnD
8 Replies

8. Solaris

restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system

hi all i have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

9. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control?

I need to increase the /var (UFS) filesystem and root disk under veritas control or root disk is encapsulated # df -k /var Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/var 13241195 12475897 674524 96% /var # fstyp /dev/vx/dsk/var ufs # pkginfo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies
BACKUP_JOBS(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_JOBS(8)

NAME
backup_jobs - Lists pending and running operations in interactive mode SYNOPSIS
jobs [-help] j [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup jobs command lists the job ID number and status of each backup operation running or pending in the current interactive session. This command can be issued in interactive mode only. If the issuer of the backup interactive command included the -localauth flag, the -cell argument, or both, those settings apply to this command also. To terminate operations that appear in the output, issue the backup kill command and identify the operation to cancel with the job ID number from this command's output. To check the status of a Tape Coordinator, rather than of a certain operation, use the backup status command. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output always includes the expiration date and time of the tokens that the backup command interpreter is using during the current interactive session, in the following format: <date> <time>: TOKEN EXPIRATION If the execution date and time specified for a scheduled dump operation is later than <date time>, then its individual line (as described in the following paragraphs) appears below this line to indicate that the current tokens will not be available to it. If the issuer of the backup command included the -localauth flag when entering interactive mode, the line instead reads as follows: : TOKEN NEVER EXPIRES The entry for a scheduled dump operation has the following format: Job <job_ID>: <timestamp>: dump <volume_set> <dump_level> where <job_ID> Is a job identification number assigned by the Backup System. <timestamp> Indicates the date and time the dump operation is to begin, in the format month/date/year hours:minutes (in 24-hour format) <volume_set> Indicates the volume set to dump. <dump_level> Indicates the dump level at which to perform the dump operation. The line for a pending or running operation of any other type has the following format: Job <job_ID>: <operation> <status> where <job_ID> Is a job identification number assigned by the Backup System. <operation> Identifies the operation the Tape Coordinator is performing, which is initiated by the indicated command: Dump (dump name) Initiated by the backup dump command. The dump name has the following format: <volume_set_name>.<dump_level_name> Restore Initiated by the backup diskrestore, backup volrestore, or backup volsetrestore command. Labeltape (tape_label) Initiated by the backup labeltapen command. The tape_label is the name specified by the backup labeltape command's -name or -pname argument. Scantape Initiated by the backup scantape command. SaveDb Initiated by the backup savedb command. RestoreDb Initiated by the backup restoredb command. <status> Indicates the job's current status in one of the following messages. If no message appears, the job is either still pending or has finished. number Kbytes, volume volume_name For a running dump operation, indicates the number of kilobytes copied to tape or a backup data file so far, and the volume currently being dumped. number Kbytes, restore.volume For a running restore operation, indicates the number of kilobytes copied into AFS from a tape or a backup data file so far. [abort requested] The backup kill command was issued, but the termination signal has yet to reach the Tape Coordinator. [abort sent] The operation is canceled by the backup kill command. Once the Backup System removes an operation from the queue or stops it from running, it no longer appears at all in the output from the command. [butc contact lost] The backup command interpreter cannot reach the Tape Coordinator. The message can mean either that the Tape Coordinator handling the operation was terminated or failed while the operation was running, or that the connection to the Tape Coordinator timed out. [done] The Tape Coordinator has finished the operation. [drive wait] The operation is waiting for the specified tape drive to become free. [operator wait] The Tape Coordinator is waiting for the backup operator to insert a tape in the drive. EXAMPLES
The following example shows that two restore operations and one dump operation are running (presumably on different Tape Coordinators) and that the backup command interpreter's tokens expire on 22 April 1999 at 10:45 am: backup> jobs Job 1: Restore, 1306 Kbytes, restore.volume Job 2: Dump (user.sunday1), 34 Kbytes, volume user.pat.backup Job 3: Restore, 2498 Kbytes, restore.volume 04/22/1999 10:45: TOKEN EXPIRATION PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None. However, queuing any operation requires privilege, and it is possible to issue this command only within the interactive session in which the jobs are queued. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_kill(8), backup_quit(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_JOBS(8)