Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exclude the header row in the file to validate Post 302692057 by bmk on Monday 27th of August 2012 03:24:56 AM
Old 08-27-2012
Exclude the header row in the file to validate

Hi All,

File contains header row.. we need to exclude the header row...no need to validate the first row in the file.
Data in the file should take valid data(two columns)..we need to exclude the more than two columns in the file except the first line.
Code:
email|firstname
a|123|100
b|345
c|456|123|123
d|456
e    456

i need output for the file..
Code:
 email|firstname
b|345
d|456

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to validate file header and trailer

Hi, I need a script that validates a file header/detail/trailer. File layout is: Header - Rec_Type|File_name|File_Date Detail - Rec_Type|field1|field2|field3... Trailder - Rec_Type|File_name|File_Date|Record_count Sample Data: HDR|customer_data.dat|20120709... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_sh
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append column and row header to a file in awk script.

Hi! Is there a way to append column and row header to a file in awk script. For example if I have Jane F 39 manager Carlos M 40 system administrator Sam F 20 programmer and I want it to be # name gend age occup 1 Jane F 39 manager 2 Carlos M ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test command:Duplicate Header row in Log File

I have a script that is inventorying (not sure if thats a word) my environment. It goes out and pulls Hostname OS, IP, and ENV (dev, prod, etc)..then spits all that to a logfile At the top of my script i have a check to see if the logfile exist. ] || touch $LOGFILE && echo "ENV" "\t"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Row Line Count without Header Footer

Hi There! I am saving the file count of all files in a directory to an output file using: wc -l * > FileCount.txt I get: 114 G4SXORD 3 G4SXORH 0 G4SXORP 117 total But this count includes header and footer. I want to subtract 2 from the count and get ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude the header row while splitting the file

Hi All, i have script like ... "TYPE_ID" "ID" "LIST_ID" "18" "52010" "1059" "18" "52010" "1059" "18" "52010" "1059" "18" "52010" "1059" i am using the below code it's not taking the header row. awk -F"\t" -v file=test1.txt -v file1=test2.txt ' { if(... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display the header of a matched row in a file?

Hi, So I am trying to print the first row(header) first column alongwith the matched value. But I am not sure how do I print the same, by matching a pattern located in the file eg File contents Name Place Jim NY Jill NJ Cathy CA Sam TX Daniel FL And what I want is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to verify and validate file header and data type

The below bash is a file validation check executed that will verify the correct header count of 10 and the correct data type in each field of the tab-delimited file. The key has the data type of each field in it. My real data has 58 headers in it but only the header and next row need to be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to validate header in a csv file

Hi All; I am struggling to write a script that validates file header. Header file would be like below with TAB separated TRX # TYPE REF # Source Piece Code Destination Piece Code every time I need to check the txt file if the header was same as above fields if validation success... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heye18
6 Replies
Hash::AsObject(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Hash::AsObject(3pm)

NAME
Hash::AsObject - treat hashes as objects, with arbitrary accessors/mutators SYNOPSIS
$h = Hash::AsObject->new; $h->foo(123); print $h->foo; # prints 123 print $h->{'foo'}; # prints 123 $h->{'bar'}{'baz'} = 456; print $h->bar->baz; # prints 456 DESCRIPTION
A Hash::AsObject is a blessed hash that provides read-write access to its elements using accessors. (Actually, they're both accessors and mutators.) It's designed to act as much like a plain hash as possible; this means, for example, that you can use methods like "DESTROY" to get or set hash elements with that name. See below for more information. METHODS
The whole point of this module is to provide arbitrary methods. For the most part, these are defined at runtime by a specially written "AUTOLOAD" function. In order to behave properly in all cases, however, a number of special methods and functions must be supported. Some of these are defined while others are simply emulated in AUTOLOAD. new $h = Hash::AsObject->new; $h = Hash::AsObject->new(\%some_hash); $h = Hash::AsObject->new(%some_other_hash); Create a new Hash::AsObject. If called as an instance method, this accesses a hash element 'new': $h->{'new'} = 123; $h->new; # 123 $h->new(456); # 456 isa This method cannot be used to access a hash element 'isa', because Hash::AsObject doesn't attempt to handle it specially. can Similarly, this can't be used to access a hash element 'can'. AUTOLOAD $h->{'AUTOLOAD'} = 'abc'; $h->AUTOLOAD; # 'abc' $h->AUTOLOAD('xyz') # 'xyz' Hash::AsObject::AUTOLOAD recognizes when AUTOLOAD is begin called as an instance method, and treats this as an attempt to get or set the 'AUTOLOAD' hash element. DESTROY $h->{'DESTROY'} = []; $h->DESTROY; # [] $h->DESTROY({}) # {} "DESTROY" is called automatically by the Perl runtime when an object goes out of scope. A Hash::AsObject can't distinguish this from a call to access the element $h->{'DESTROY'}, and so it blithely gets (or sets) the hash's 'DESTROY' element; this isn't a problem, since the Perl interpreter discards any value that DESTROY returns when called automatically. VERSION When called as a class method, this returns $Hash::AsObject::VERSION; when called as an instance method, it gets or sets the hash element 'VERSION'; import Since Hash::AsObject doesn't export any symbols, this method has no special significance and you can safely call it as a method to get or set an 'import' element. When called as a class method, nothing happens. The methods "can()" and "isa()" are special, because they're defined in the "UNIVERSAL" class that all packages automatically inherit from. Unfortunately, this means that you can't use Hash::AsObject to access elements 'can' and 'isa'. CAVEATS
No distinction is made between non-existent elements and those that are present but undefined. Furthermore, there's no way to delete an element without resorting to "delete $h->{'foo'}". Storing a hash directly into an element of a Hash::AsObject instance has the effect of blessing that hash into Hash::AsObject. For example, the following code: my $h = Hash::AsObject->new; my $foo = { 'bar' => 1, 'baz' => 2 }; print ref($foo), " "; $h->foo($foo); print ref($foo), " "; Produces the following output: HASH Hash::AsObject I could fix this, but then code like the following would throw an exception, because "$h->foo($foo)" will return a plain hash reference, not an object: $h->foo($foo)->bar; Well, I can make "$h->foo($foo)->bar" work, but then code like this won't have the desired effect: my $foo = { 'bar' => 123 }; $h->foo($foo); $h->foo->bar(456); print $foo->{'bar'}; # prints 123 print $h->foo->bar; # prints 456 I suppose I could fix that, but that's an awful lot of work for little apparent benefit. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this. BUGS
Autovivification is probably not emulated correctly. The blessing of hashes stored in a Hash::AsObject might be considered a bug. Or a feature; it depends on your point of view. TO DO
o Add the capability to delete elements, perhaps like this: use Hash::AsObject 'deleter' => 'kill'; $h = Hash::AsObject->new({'one' => 1, 'two' => 2}); kill $h, 'one'; That might seem to violate the prohibition against exporting functions from object-oriented packages, but then technically it wouldn't be exporting it from anywhere since the function would be constructed by hand. Alternatively, it could work like this: use Hash::AsObject 'deleter' => 'kill'; $h = Hash::AsObject->new({'one' => 1, 'two' => 2}); $h->kill('one'); But, again, what if the hash contained an element named 'kill'? o Define multiple classes in "Hash/AsObject.pm"? For example, there could be one package for read-only access to a hash, one for hashes that throw exceptions when accessors for non-existent keys are called, etc. But this is hard to do fully without (a) altering the underlying hash, or (b) defining methods besides AUTOLOAD. Hmmm... VERSION
0.06 AUTHOR
Paul Hoffman <nkuitse AT cpan DOT org> CREDITS
Andy Wardley for Template::Stash, which was my inspiration. Writing template code like this: [% foo.bar.baz(qux) %] Made me yearn to write Perl code like this: foo->bar->baz($qux); COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2007 Paul M. Hoffman. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-04-24 Hash::AsObject(3pm)