Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find and replace a path with sed? Post 302692001 by JC_1 on Monday 27th of August 2012 12:59:19 AM
Old 08-27-2012
find and replace a path with sed?

Hi,

I am attempting to find the path /subject/grin* and replace it with /subject/$i
My attempt:
Code:
for i in $(ls)
do
sed -e 's:"/subjects/grin.*":"/subjects/$i.*":g'

and several variants with no luck. Please help. Thanks!

Last edited by Franklin52; 08-27-2012 at 04:38 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a filename with full path using sed

hi, i need to replace a line a file with a new raw device location.. original file.. /opt/sybase/ASE1502/ASE-15_0/bin/dataserver \ -d/data/TST_AKS1/sybdevices/master.dat \ -e/logs/sybase/TST_AKS1/SFO_TST_AKS1.log \ -c/apps/sybase/ASE1502/ASE-15_0/TST_AKS1.cfg \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksaravanan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with find and Replace using sed

I have to update a paramater (dateMemLimit) present in a file, with a date (YYYYMMDD) equal to 5 days before the sysdate. The parameter will be in the following format. dateMemLimit = 20091201 Please note the blank spaces present between 'dateMemLimit' &'=' and between '='... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh8s
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace string from file which contains variable and path - SH

e.g. /home/$USER/.config replace it with "" (empty) Is this possible? I think you should play a bit with sharps ## and sed:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace with SED

Hello all I have a file with a lot of records...Each one have a ID like this: 000000001 LDR L -----nam--2200217Ia-45e0 000000001 891 000000001 892 000000001 893 and so on then you have the second record: 000000002 LDR L -----nam--2200208Ia-15e0 000000002 891 000000002... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace with sed

Hi, I have two files file1 :> val="10" port="localhost:8080" httpadd="http:\\192.168.0.239" file2 :> val=${val} port=${port} httpadd=${httpadd} fileloc=${fileloc} file3(or file2) should have following output(input from fileone) file3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin.pathak
8 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Find, replace, file path in multiple files for Solaris 10

Guys I have a big issue that I need to get fixed ASAP however I can not seem to find a way to do it. We started to use zones with Solaris 10 at work and we moved a zone from a SIT box to a DEV box. Problem is the software we have installed is looking at a /lcl/sit/apps/ path and it needs to look... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace Path in UNIX

Hi All, How can i find and replace the one path to another path with in the file. For Example: Search_path=/search/path replace_path=/replace/path I used the following command but not usefull, please help me regarding the same. sed 's_/search/path_/replace/path_' file_name >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsyed.dw
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace with sed

Hi, I have a file such that: tart*)*98'bank'ksb64bank)(tart2d&f44bank I want to replace to: (only between tart and bank) tart*)*98'replaced'ksb64bank)(tart2d&f44replaced Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tara123
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed

Hi All, I have a file as shown below: myFile.dat #---------------------------------------------------------- dataFile { Name shiva; location Delhi; travelID IDNumber; } 4 ( 560065 700007 100001 200002 )... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace the path value in files, pattern is not full known.

Hi, I need to do find and replace, but the pattern is not full known. for example, my file has /proj/app-d1/sun or /data/site-d1/conf here app-d1 and site-d1 is not constant. It may be different in different files. common part is /proj/xx/sun and /data/xxx/conf i want to find where ever... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
6 Replies
GVUpdater(3U)						    InterViews Reference Manual 					     GVUpdater(3U)

NAME
GVUpdater - updates GraphicViews structure to match its subject SYNOPSIS
#include <Unidraw/Components/gvupdater.h> DESCRIPTION
GVUpdater is an implementation class that GraphicViews uses to keep its state and structure consistent with its GraphicComps subject. GVUpdater ensures that subject's immediate children are identical to the view's in number and graphics state attributes. It also ensures that the root GraphicViews and GraphicComps themselves have the same graphics state. GVUpdater does not ensure that it will detect and update changes made to deeper child nodes. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
GVUpdater(GraphicView*) The constructor takes the GraphicView that it will be updating as a parameter and stores it in the protected member _gv. Normally, GraphicViews are the only objects that will instantiate GVUpdater. virtual void Update() Update the GraphicView to make it consistent with its subject. PROTECTED OPERATIONS
void UpdateStructure() void UpdateState() The Update procedure takes place in two stages. The subject's and view's structures are reconciled first by UpdateStructure, and then the view's graphic state is changed to match the subjects with UpdateState. void AddDamage(Graphic*) void IncurDamage(Graphic*) void Unselect(GraphicView*) virtual void Add(GraphicView*) virtual void Append(GraphicView*) virtual void InsertBefore(Iterator, GraphicView*) virtual void Remove(Iterator&) virtual void DeleteView(Iterator&) GVUpdater is a friend of GraphicViews. These convenience operations provide an interface to the corresponding protected Graph- icViews operations. virtual ClassId ViewCategory() Returns the view category (see classes(3U)) GVUpdater will use to instantiate views of subjects. ViewCategory returns COMPO- NENT_VIEW by default. SEE ALSO
GraphicComp(3U), GraphicView(3U), classes(3U) Unidraw 19 January 1991 GVUpdater(3U)