Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Open-source projects to learn concurrency-managed network programming in Unix? Post 302691601 by figaro on Saturday 25th of August 2012 04:40:18 AM
Old 08-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaoOfPhil
I am about 1/3 the way through APUE and am hooked. [...] I plan to continue on to the Steven's network programming volumes. I am of course coding up my own exercises as I go through the material.
Sounds like you are on the right track to become a proficient programmer that no employer would easily turn down. Regarding your question, I trust you have also checked sourceforge? Chances are you will stumble upon one that is dormant or mildly active that you can work on and add to your portfolio.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Want To Learn Network Programming

I want to learn Network Programming with C,but I don't know how to start. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hubin330
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to learn UNIX and shell Programming

Guys, What do you think is the best way to learn UNIX and shell scripting? ** I keep on searching tutorials online, where I loose most of my time :( Let me know the way you learnt the UNIX concepts, your replies might help me learn more. Thanks a ton:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies