Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Issue using SCO java SerialDemo Post 302691473 by jgt on Friday 24th of August 2012 03:01:49 PM
Old 08-24-2012
Are you running the java application as root?
Does the serial port have getty or uucp enabled?
Is it COM1 or a port on a multiport serial card?
Do you have MP5 installed?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

License issue on Java install

I'm a AIX novice - please bear with me.. I'm trying to install Java14_64_sdk on an Aix 5.2 server (P690) I've copied the ff files to a separate directory: Java14_64.ext Java14_64.license Java14_64.sdk I then run smitty installp, point to the above directory and choose the Java14_64.sdk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgan_g
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

runing shell with java and sqlloader issue

Hello there, I'm writing a shellscript and it uses sqlloader, it works good coz load the data into the DB. But I'm runing the shell from a java program with Runtime(). It does execute the shell but the sqlloader doesn't seem to be working!! Does anybody out there knows why?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ying_dav
0 Replies

3. Programming

Issue Related to Splash Screen in Java

Hi all, Actually I want to flash the image which I have in my system and when I am trying to do it,it is not showing it.simply creates the frame but not displaying the image.I am attaching the code-- Please take a look on it and please provide your valuable suggestions on it so that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

4. SCO

SCO Reboot Issue

Hi, We are using SCO UNIX 7.1.3 and the server recently started rebooting by itself. Do anyone know how can i create a dump or crash dump while the server rebooots? Your quick help on this is really appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

host key issue via java

Hi, I am encountering below mentioned exception when I execute my Java program that is supposed to SFTP the file from one server over to another. Can you please tell me some pointers to resolve this issue? Exception HostName- 10.1.1.1 ; userName- bmsftp log4j:WARN No appenders could be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant.ladha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with spaces in Java command line options

Hi, I am writing a shell script to build Java options dynamically in a variable array and pass them to java.exe. If an option value contains a space, I cannot find a way to get it interpreted correctly. Here is my example: #!/bin/bash JAVA_HOME=/opt/jvm/jre1.5.0_18 JAVA_OPTS=("-Xms256m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Romain
4 Replies

7. Programming

PortInUse Exception in SerialDemo

Using JRE 1.4.2_12 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7, I was able to use the Java Comm Api to open and close serial ports. After upgrading to JRE 1.4.2_19, the Java Comm Api complains that the ports are in use. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to make 1.4.2_19 work with Java Comm API? FYI. I was using... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkelly
21 Replies

8. AIX

Strange issue installing Java 8

I just intalled java8_64.jre and .sdk respectively installp -agXYd . Java8_64.jre Java8_64.sdk 2>&1 | tee installp.log Worked like a champ. Now I see this-- jeff@server:/usr> ls -l | grep java drwxr-xr-x 9 bin bin 512 Sep 22 2010 java14 drwxr-xr-x 7 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
CY(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     CY(4)

NAME
cy -- Cyclades Cyclom-{4, 8, 16, 32}Y asynchronous comms board serial device driver SYNOPSIS
cy0 at isa? iomem 0xd4000 irq 12 cy* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
This driver provides an interface to Cyclades Cyclom-4Y, Cyclom-8Y, Cyclom-16Y, and Cyclom-32Y asynchronous multiport serial boards. These boards are based around Cirrus Logic CD1400 communication controllers. The device minor numbers for this driver are encoded as follows: d c c p p p p p - bits in the minor device number bits meaning ---- ------- ppppp physical serial line (i.e. port) to use: 0-3 on Cyclom-4Y 0-7 on Cyclom-8Y 0-15 on Cyclom-16Y 0-31 on Cyclom-32Y cc card unit number; note this limits the driver to four cards per system d set to use as a dial-out line FLOW CONTROL
The cy driver makes use of the CD1400's automatic CTS flow control. In addition, the CD1400's automatic input flow control can be used. This requires the kernel configuration option CY_HW_RTS and a special cable that exchanges the RTS and DTR lines. DIAGNOSTICS
cy%d: port %d: can't allocate tty There is not enough memory to allocate tty data structures. cy%d: can't allocate input buffer There is not enough memory to allocate the data input buffer. Additional debugging output can be enable with the kernel configuration option CY_DEBUG. Diagnostic counters may be enabled with the kernel configuration option CY_DEBUG1. SEE ALSO
termios(4), tty(4) AUTHORS
The cy driver was written by Timmo Rossi. BUGS
Support for the Cyclom-32Y has not been tested. BSD
November 10, 1997 BSD