Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Issue using SCO java SerialDemo Post 302691473 by jgt on Friday 24th of August 2012 03:01:49 PM
Old 08-24-2012
Are you running the java application as root?
Does the serial port have getty or uucp enabled?
Is it COM1 or a port on a multiport serial card?
Do you have MP5 installed?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

License issue on Java install

I'm a AIX novice - please bear with me.. I'm trying to install Java14_64_sdk on an Aix 5.2 server (P690) I've copied the ff files to a separate directory: Java14_64.ext Java14_64.license Java14_64.sdk I then run smitty installp, point to the above directory and choose the Java14_64.sdk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgan_g
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

runing shell with java and sqlloader issue

Hello there, I'm writing a shellscript and it uses sqlloader, it works good coz load the data into the DB. But I'm runing the shell from a java program with Runtime(). It does execute the shell but the sqlloader doesn't seem to be working!! Does anybody out there knows why?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ying_dav
0 Replies

3. Programming

Issue Related to Splash Screen in Java

Hi all, Actually I want to flash the image which I have in my system and when I am trying to do it,it is not showing it.simply creates the frame but not displaying the image.I am attaching the code-- Please take a look on it and please provide your valuable suggestions on it so that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

4. SCO

SCO Reboot Issue

Hi, We are using SCO UNIX 7.1.3 and the server recently started rebooting by itself. Do anyone know how can i create a dump or crash dump while the server rebooots? Your quick help on this is really appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

host key issue via java

Hi, I am encountering below mentioned exception when I execute my Java program that is supposed to SFTP the file from one server over to another. Can you please tell me some pointers to resolve this issue? Exception HostName- 10.1.1.1 ; userName- bmsftp log4j:WARN No appenders could be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant.ladha
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with spaces in Java command line options

Hi, I am writing a shell script to build Java options dynamically in a variable array and pass them to java.exe. If an option value contains a space, I cannot find a way to get it interpreted correctly. Here is my example: #!/bin/bash JAVA_HOME=/opt/jvm/jre1.5.0_18 JAVA_OPTS=("-Xms256m... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Romain
4 Replies

7. Programming

PortInUse Exception in SerialDemo

Using JRE 1.4.2_12 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7, I was able to use the Java Comm Api to open and close serial ports. After upgrading to JRE 1.4.2_19, the Java Comm Api complains that the ports are in use. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to make 1.4.2_19 work with Java Comm API? FYI. I was using... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkelly
21 Replies

8. AIX

Strange issue installing Java 8

I just intalled java8_64.jre and .sdk respectively installp -agXYd . Java8_64.jre Java8_64.sdk 2>&1 | tee installp.log Worked like a champ. Now I see this-- jeff@server:/usr> ls -l | grep java drwxr-xr-x 9 bin bin 512 Sep 22 2010 java14 drwxr-xr-x 7 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies
UMCS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   UMCS(4)

NAME
umcs -- USB support for serial adapters based on the MCS7820 and MCS7840 chips SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device usb device ucom device umcs Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): umcs_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The umcs driver provides support for various multiport serial adapters based on the MosCom MCS7820 and MCS7840 chips. They are 2- or 4-port adapters with full-featured 16550-compatible UARTs and very flexible baud generators. Also, these chips support RS422/RS485 and IrDA opera- tions. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). Different ports on device are presented as sub-units, like /dev/ttyU0.1 and /dev/ttyU0.2. HARDWARE
The umcs driver was tested on the following adapters: o ST Lab U-360 two-port serial USB adapter o ST Lab U-400 four-port serial USB adapter SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The umcs driver appeared in ports since December of 2010. AUTHORS
The umcs driver was written by Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
This driver doesn't support access to any fine tunes of chip, like RS522/RS485 mode, non-standard baudrates, etc. BSD
February 25, 2012 BSD