Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Career in Unix
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Career in Unix Post 302691327 by vbe on Friday 24th of August 2012 09:02:25 AM
Old 08-24-2012
Surely you did more than just basic unix... any administration, installs?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Unix career?

I am going on 16 and im wondering if a Unix career would be suitable for me when im 18, or if it will even be possible for me to get a job working as some sort of a junior sys admin at that age. I am just starting to get into all this Unix stuff and I see the vision. So, is it really possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gavan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

career as a unix admin and new graduate

Hello all, Im about to graduate with a degree in computer science. I think i've found my 'niche' in unix and would like to take it up as a career. I hope you dont mind answering a few questions. How hard is it to get the foot in the door? Whats the best way to get the foot in the door? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stride6
5 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Career Path

Hi, I've been in the IT field for a few years now, less than 10. I've done a little of everything from database administration, development, systems administration, and unix administration. Although, I wouldnt say I'm a senior level in any of those. Unix definitely stands out in my preferences... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use career in unix

Hi, I want to start my career in Unix. I would like to know what is the job profile that I have to refer to and what is the basic knowledge that is required......I am a B.sc graduate and currently working in a BPO from past 1 year....... Thanking you in advance... Ram Suresh.L (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsuresh
5 Replies

5. Programming

Unix Career path

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Suggestion Required for UNIX career

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path

Hi All, This question is regarding career path. I was not sure about which forum I should drop it, so putting it here. I have 12 years of experience on UNIX i.e. majority of Solaris and some of Linux (Suse & Red Hat). Since starting I have been working on 100% administration side and I am not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX career path for Admin

Hello, Just wanted to have a suggestion on UNIX carrier path and I couldn't found any proper forum/blog where I can put this question better than this one. I have been working on Solaris from past 13 years and some years on Linux. It was completely on Admin side and never on development or... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
12 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Need career advise as UNIX adminstrator

I have been working in application support at last 2 years. But I want to become unix administrator and I have basic knowledge in unix command, VI Editors, Unix file system. But I don't know proper procedure to become unix administrator, so could you please give suggestion and advise where I start... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal88
4 Replies
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) 					     MBK ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES						   MBK_WORK_LIB(1)

NAME
MBK_WORK_LIB - define the mbk working directory SYNOPSYS
c-shell running setenv MBK_WORK_LIB unix path ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
MBK_WORK_LIB sets the directory where are saved the results of an invocation of mbk or genlib. This directory is considered to be, from an mbk point of view, read and write. Also, when a file is searched for reading, the first directory to be looked at is the MBK_WORK_LIB, and then the one defined in MBK_CATA_LIB(1). The unix path argument must be a actually accessible path on your host machine. ERRORS
"mbk_fopen : can't open file 'unix_path/file.xx'" This occurs when either the unix path is irrelevent, or when the file doesn't exist if it is open for reading, or when you don't have the right on the file or directory while trying to write it. EXAMPLE
setenv MBK_WORK_LIB ~fred/crechan/uom SEE ALSO
mbk(3), genlib(1), MBK_CATA_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 MBK_WORK_LIB(1)