Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To Search for a pattern and substring text in a file Post 302691301 by AshTrak on Friday 24th of August 2012 07:26:20 AM
Old 08-24-2012
Wow. Thanks a lot. Its Working..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text pattern

Hello folks, I have a text file of apache logs, that have robots.txt text with logs, i want to search all all words that are with "anyword.txt" but i dont want to search robots.txt in file. Like i have abcd.txt file X.X.X.X - - "GET... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: need to have egrep to return a text string if the search pattern has NOT been found

Hello all, after spending hours of searching the web I decided to create an account here. This is my first post and I hope one of the experts can help. I need to resolve a grep / sed / xargs / awk problem. My input file is just like this: ----------------------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash4ever
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Replace a text if the line contains a pattern

My text file looks like below . . . abcdefghi jklmnop $Bad_ptrq_GTS=rcrd_ip.txt $Bad_abcd_REJ=rcrd_op.txt ghijklm $Bad_abcd_TYHS=rcrd_op.txt abcgd abcdefghi jklmnop $Bad_ptrq_GTS=rcrd_ip.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search substring in a column of file

Hi all, I have 2 files, the first one containing a list of ids and the second one is a master file. I want to search each id from the first file from the 5th col in the second file. The 5th column in master file has values separated by ';', if not a single value is present. Each id must occur... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
Moose::Manual::Unsweetened(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Moose::Manual::Unsweetened(3pm)

NAME
Moose::Manual::Unsweetened - Moose idioms in plain old Perl 5 without the sugar VERSION
version 2.0603 DESCRIPTION
If you're trying to figure out just what the heck Moose does, and how it saves you time, you might find it helpful to see what Moose is really doing for you. This document shows you the translation from Moose sugar back to plain old Perl 5. CLASSES AND ATTRIBUTES
First, we define two very small classes the Moose way. package Person; use DateTime; use DateTime::Format::Natural; use Moose; use Moose::Util::TypeConstraints; has name => ( is => 'rw', isa => 'Str', required => 1, ); # Moose doesn't know about non-Moose-based classes. class_type 'DateTime'; my $en_parser = DateTime::Format::Natural->new( lang => 'en', time_zone => 'UTC', ); coerce 'DateTime' => from 'Str' => via { $en_parser->parse_datetime($_) }; has birth_date => ( is => 'rw', isa => 'DateTime', coerce => 1, handles => { birth_year => 'year' }, ); enum 'ShirtSize' => qw( s m l xl xxl ); has shirt_size => ( is => 'rw', isa => 'ShirtSize', default => 'l', ); This is a fairly simple class with three attributes. We also define an enum type to validate t-shirt sizes because we don't want to end up with something like "blue" for the shirt size! package User; use Email::Valid; use Moose; use Moose::Util::TypeConstraints; extends 'Person'; subtype 'Email' => as 'Str' => where { Email::Valid->address($_) } => message { "$_ is not a valid email address" }; has email_address => ( is => 'rw', isa => 'Email', required => 1, ); This class subclasses Person to add a single attribute, email address. Now we will show what these classes would look like in plain old Perl 5. For the sake of argument, we won't use any base classes or any helpers like "Class::Accessor". package Person; use strict; use warnings; use Carp qw( confess ); use DateTime; use DateTime::Format::Natural; sub new { my $class = shift; my %p = ref $_[0] ? %{ $_[0] } : @_; exists $p{name} or confess 'name is a required attribute'; $class->_validate_name( $p{name} ); exists $p{birth_date} or confess 'birth_date is a required attribute'; $p{birth_date} = $class->_coerce_birth_date( $p{birth_date} ); $class->_validate_birth_date( $p{birth_date} ); $p{shirt_size} = 'l' unless exists $p{shirt_size}: $class->_validate_shirt_size( $p{shirt_size} ); return bless \%p, $class; } sub _validate_name { shift; my $name = shift; local $Carp::CarpLevel = $Carp::CarpLevel + 1; defined $name or confess 'name must be a string'; } { my $en_parser = DateTime::Format::Natural->new( lang => 'en', time_zone => 'UTC', ); sub _coerce_birth_date { shift; my $date = shift; return $date unless defined $date && ! ref $date; my $dt = $en_parser->parse_datetime($date); return $dt ? $dt : undef; } } sub _validate_birth_date { shift; my $birth_date = shift; local $Carp::CarpLevel = $Carp::CarpLevel + 1; $birth_date->isa('DateTime') or confess 'birth_date must be a DateTime object'; } sub _validate_shirt_size { shift; my $shirt_size = shift; local $Carp::CarpLevel = $Carp::CarpLevel + 1; defined $shirt_size or confess 'shirt_size cannot be undef'; my %sizes = map { $_ => 1 } qw( s m l xl xxl ); $sizes{$shirt_size} or confess "$shirt_size is not a valid shirt size (s, m, l, xl, xxl)"; } sub name { my $self = shift; if (@_) { $self->_validate_name( $_[0] ); $self->{name} = $_[0]; } return $self->{name}; } sub birth_date { my $self = shift; if (@_) { my $date = $self->_coerce_birth_date( $_[0] ); $self->_validate_birth_date( $date ); $self->{birth_date} = $date; } return $self->{birth_date}; } sub birth_year { my $self = shift; return $self->birth_date->year; } sub shirt_size { my $self = shift; if (@_) { $self->_validate_shirt_size( $_[0] ); $self->{shirt_size} = $_[0]; } return $self->{shirt_size}; } Wow, that was a mouthful! One thing to note is just how much space the data validation code consumes. As a result, it's pretty common for Perl 5 programmers to just not bother. Unfortunately, not validating arguments leads to surprises down the line ("why is birth_date an email address?"). Also, did you spot the (intentional) bug? It's in the "_validate_birth_date()" method. We should check that the value in $birth_date is actually defined and an object before we go and call "isa()" on it! Leaving out those checks means our data validation code could actually cause our program to die. Oops. Note that if we add a superclass to Person we'll have to change the constructor to account for that. (As an aside, getting all the little details of what Moose does for you just right in this example was really not easy, which emphasizes the point of the example. Moose saves you a lot of work!) Now let's see User: package User; use strict; use warnings; use Carp qw( confess ); use Email::Valid; use Scalar::Util qw( blessed ); use base 'Person'; sub new { my $class = shift; my %p = ref $_[0] ? %{ $_[0] } : @_; exists $p{email_address} or confess 'email_address is a required attribute'; $class->_validate_email_address( $p{email_address} ); my $self = $class->SUPER::new(%p); $self->{email_address} = $p{email_address}; return $self; } sub _validate_email_address { shift; my $email_address = shift; local $Carp::CarpLevel = $Carp::CarpLevel + 1; defined $email_address or confess 'email_address must be a string'; Email::Valid->address($email_address) or confess "$email_address is not a valid email address"; } sub email_address { my $self = shift; if (@_) { $self->_validate_email_address( $_[0] ); $self->{email_address} = $_[0]; } return $self->{email_address}; } That one was shorter, but it only has one attribute. Between the two classes, we have a whole lot of code that doesn't do much. We could probably simplify this by defining some sort of "attribute and validation" hash, like this: package Person; my %Attr = ( name => { required => 1, validate => sub { defined $_ }, }, birth_date => { required => 1, validate => sub { blessed $_ && $_->isa('DateTime') }, }, shirt_size => { required => 1, validate => sub { defined $_ && $_ =~ /^(?:s|m|l|xl|xxl)$/i }, } ); Then we could define a base class that would accept such a definition, and do the right thing. Keep that sort of thing up and we're well on our way to writing a half-assed version of Moose! Of course, there are CPAN modules that do some of what Moose does, like "Class::Accessor", "Class::Meta", and so on. But none of them put together all of Moose's features along with a layer of declarative sugar, nor are these other modules designed for extensibility in the same way as Moose. With Moose, it's easy to write a MooseX module to replace or extend a piece of built-in functionality. Moose is a complete OO package in and of itself, and is part of a rich ecosystem of extensions. It also has an enthusiastic community of users, and is being actively maintained and developed. AUTHOR
Moose is maintained by the Moose Cabal, along with the help of many contributors. See "CABAL" in Moose and "CONTRIBUTORS" in Moose for details. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-28 Moose::Manual::Unsweetened(3pm)