Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl Post 302691285 by parthmittal2007 on Friday 24th of August 2012 06:43:25 AM
Old 08-24-2012
Is there any function to export the table in Perl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with oracle backup script

I have written a script to perfrom a cold backup on an oracle database. The script is failing everytime. Can anyone tell me what (stupid) error I am making. The output from the uname command follows Linux rayora 2.2.14-6.1.1smp #1 SMP Thu Apr 13 19:55:55 EDT 2000 i686 unknown The error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to incrementally backup data & use most recent data

Hey, dunno if the title really explains this well; basically my problem is (and this is on a router which is why the flash issue)... I have some data I want to store (it's really irelevant, i'm just counting the lines per file, basically a simple counter). I could store this data in flash but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepsi_max2k
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get data from 3 differrnt oracle DB & then compare data

Hi All, I have a requirement to write a shell script for the following... we have 3 different database.... lets say A, B, C From these 3 DBs, i need to get data.. all have 3 different table...a,b, c A.a => Emp_code, count(*) B.b => emp_code, count(*) C.c => emp_code, copunt(*) Once get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed in Oracle DB backup script.

I have a script like this .. #!/bin/ksh database=$(echo $@ | sed 's/.*-S \(*\).*/\1/') instance=$(grep "$database" /var/opt/oracle/oratab | awk -F : '{print $1}') command=$(echo $@ | sed 's/"$database"/"$instance"/') echo $command when I tried to execute the script like this ... ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cold backup oracle and Restore to new db

Hello All, I am very new to Linux i have assignment to take offline backup in linux and restore it to new database oracle 10g? Help me out any script of it and steps i will be very thankful Regards, Sameer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameer_123
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Data BackUp with Help Of Perl

Hi All I am able to connect my oracle database with Perl and able to execute the queries. There is one schema names master19 which contains 50 table. I want to take backup of each table in and store at a given directory location in Perl For example suppose if a table student is present in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need perl script on cold backup in Oracle 10 g

Hi , I am new to Perl script.Can u please provide me perl scripts for the following: 1. Perl script on Cold backup in Oracle 10g 2.Perl script on Hot backup in Oracle 10g (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niharika Srivas
0 Replies
DB2_PRIMARY_KEYS(3)							 1						       DB2_PRIMARY_KEYS(3)

db2_primary_keys - Returns a result set listing primary keys for a table

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_primary_keys (resource $connection, string $qualifier, string $schema, string $table-name) DESCRIPTION
Returns a result set listing the primary keys for a table. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid connection to an IBM DB2, Cloudscape, or Apache Derby database. o $qualifier - A qualifier for DB2 databases running on OS/390 or z/OS servers. For other databases, pass NULL or an empty string. o $schema - The schema which contains the tables. If $schema is NULL, db2_primary_keys(3) matches the schema for the current connection. o $table-name - The name of the table. RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource with a result set containing rows describing the primary keys for the specified table. The result set is com- posed of the following columns: +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Column name | | | | | | | Description | | | | +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | TABLE_CAT | | | | | | | Name of the catalog for the table containing the | | | primary key. The value is NULL if this table does | | | not have catalogs. | | | | |TABLE_SCHEM | | | | | | | Name of the schema for the table containing the | | | primary key. | | | | |TABLE_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the table containing the primary key. | | | | |COLUMN_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the column containing the primary key. | | | | | KEY_SEQ | | | | | | | 1-indexed position of the column in the key. | | | | | PK_NAME | | | | | | | The name of the primary key. | | | | +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
db2_column_privileges(3), db2_columns(3), db2_foreign_keys(3), db2_procedure_columns(3), db2_procedures(3), db2_special_columns(3), db2_statistics(3), db2_table_privileges(3), db2_tables(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_PRIMARY_KEYS(3)