Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help about create a big file and select right partition Post 302691181 by RudiC on Friday 24th of August 2012 03:17:15 AM
Old 08-24-2012
stat -f filesystem will give you some output like
Code:
stat -f /
  File: "/"
    ID: 1d07822b0456aa89 Namelen: 255     Type: ext2/ext3
Block size: 4096       Fundamental block size: 4096
Blocks: Total: 2491942    Free: 1349083    Available: 1224083
Inodes: Total: 625856     Free: 363409

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. Solaris

[help] create partition for /data

hi experts, i had installed and do mirroring with sun solaris 8 v890 sparc, i had forget to make a partition for directory /data, i have 6 hard drive with disk0 mirror disk1(for root,var,opt,etc) ,disk2 mirror disk3(for /data2) and disk4 mirror disk5(for /data3), how to make a new partition for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to Create New Partition

Hi there Background: New to Solaris - installed VM Ware on a vista laptop, then installed Solaris 10 using ISO file. My aim, is to get to stage where I can install Oracle 11g Database. Question: See attached file. Simple question, how do I create a new partition say called "Oracle" 30G in... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create new partition

My Linux system's disk is partitioned as follows: center; 1 | 1 | 1 . DEVICE MOUNT POINT SIZE _ hda1 / 100Mb hda5 /usr2048Mb hda6 /home 10Mb hda7 /var512Mb hda8 swap 12Gb There is 4Gb of unpartitioned free space remaining on the disk (in the logical extended partition) The /usr partition... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaphore
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select some lines from a txt file and create a new file with awk

Hi there, I have a text file with several colums separated by "|;#" I need to search the file extracting all columns starting with the value of "1" or "2" saving in a separate file just the first 7 columns of each row maching the criteria, with replacement of the saparators in the nearly created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to select correct partition and kernel argument for grub?

I use command-line mode of GRUB to load kernel, but I can not know how to chose the partition and kernel argument, as followed : please tell me how to do deal with , thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a raw partition

Hi, I had created a primary partition (/dev/sda3) and made ext3 file system on it. then mounted it on a directory and touch a file (x) into this partition. however, I want to remove this partition and recreate it as an empty partition. so I used 'd' in fdisk command and delete that partition.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siavash sh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Select Columns from two CSV files in UNIX and create a third file based on comparision

Hi , I want to compare first 3 columns of File A and File B and create a new file File C which will have all rows from File B and will include rows that are present in File A and not in File B based on First 3 column comparison. Thanks in advance for your help. File A A,B,C,45,46... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies
Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats - Collect linux memory information. SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats; my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats->new; my $stat = $lxs->get; DESCRIPTION
Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats gathers memory statistics from the virtual /proc filesystem (procfs). For more information read the documentation of the front-end module Sys::Statistics::Linux. MEMORY INFORMATIONS
Generated by /proc/meminfo. memused - Total size of used memory in kilobytes. memfree - Total size of free memory in kilobytes. memusedper - Total size of used memory in percent. memtotal - Total size of memory in kilobytes. buffers - Total size of buffers used from memory in kilobytes. cached - Total size of cached memory in kilobytes. realfree - Total size of memory is real free (memfree + buffers + cached). realfreeper - Total size of memory is real free in percent of total memory. swapused - Total size of swap space is used is kilobytes. swapfree - Total size of swap space is free in kilobytes. swapusedper - Total size of swap space is used in percent. swaptotal - Total size of swap space in kilobytes. swapcached - Memory that once was swapped out, is swapped back in but still also is in the swapfile. active - Memory that has been used more recently and usually not reclaimed unless absolutely necessary. inactive - Memory which has been less recently used and is more eligible to be reclaimed for other purposes. On earlier kernels (2.4) Inact_dirty + Inact_laundry + Inact_clean. The following statistics are only available by kernels from 2.6. slab - Total size of memory in kilobytes that used by kernel for data structure allocations. dirty - Total size of memory pages in kilobytes that waits to be written back to disk. mapped - Total size of memory in kilbytes that is mapped by devices or libraries with mmap. writeback - Total size of memory that was written back to disk. committed_as - The amount of memory presently allocated on the system. The following statistic is only available by kernels from 2.6.9. commitlimit - Total amount of memory currently available to be allocated on the system. METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new object. my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats->new; It's possible to set the path to the proc filesystem. Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats->new( files => { # This is the default path => '/proc', meminfo => 'meminfo', } ); get() Call "get()" to get the statistics. "get()" returns the statistics as a hash reference. my $stat = $lxs->get; EXPORTS
No exports. SEE ALSO
proc(5) REPORTING BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2007 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Sys::Statistics::Linux::MemStats(3pm)