Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to automatically pass 'multiple' user inputs Post 302691087 by fpmurphy on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 11:16:53 PM
Old 08-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoblefias
I can't change the script. The script is intended to ask and receive user inputs, not as as parameters. I just need to automatically pass these user inputs.
Then you need to use a tool like Expect

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Inputs

Have tried the search, but nothing resembles what I'd like to accomplish. I am attempting to write a script that will allow the user to input a list of data at the command prompt, then the data is used by another script for processing. I am allowing the user a list of 10 members in order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: douknownam
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

limiting data inputs for the user

if my user has to enter the name of months to carry out a search how can I limit the input values to only the month names and nothing else? so far my input criteria for the user is this: i would like it so the user can only enter the months in the way i have stated. otherwise they would... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting A Source File With User Inputs

I need to write what I thought would be a fairly simple 2-line UNIX script. It can be written PERL, csh, ksh...or whatever is easiest. The entire script will be: Begin Scipt source MySourceFile execute MyExecutable.exe End Script The problem is that MySourceFile can not be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MMorrison
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate user's inputs.

Hi Friends, I am wrinting a shell script MorningChecks.sh which will call another script StartServer.sh. But the latter script requires user's inputs to complete. I want to automate this. So can you please let me how this can be achieved? Any help would be highly appereciated. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh.chandan18
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take 10 user inputs and output to file?

I want a script that will prompt a user to enter 10 numbers and out put them into a file. This what I have so far, but isn't working. I'm guessing it's something easy I'm not seeing. Thanks for any help. #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Enter 10 numbers" for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do read .... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxlVanDamme
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing user inputs into a file

Hi, Am trying to store the user inputs into a file, but the below code will store only the first line of the values. I need to store all the user input values which may contain one or more lines. Thanks in advance. echo "please enter file names"; read name; echo $name>/tmp/test (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to give multiple inputs to a shell script

Got struck while trying to write a shell script which should automatically give input. While running a script for eg: (adpatch.sh) It Prompts for Multiple inputs like: Do you currently have files used for installing or upgrading the database installed in this APPL_TOP ? need to give... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdmoha
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to cp files that user inputs

Need a bash script that will ask the user: Which Files Would you like to copy? Then the user would input the filenames (space seperated, all lowercase) The script would then cp each file to /data/backup/ and also wc the files to std output. (to see how many lines each file has) Should go... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Password generator with user inputs

Hi, I am new to bash scripting and i wanted to make a bash script that will generate a password for a user. The user must enter his/her name and the url of the site the password is used for. And the script will generate a password with those two elements in the password. So if the url is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kvr123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to prepare a CSV table with inputs from multiple files

Hi, We have thousands of Video files and we need to prepare a table with few of it's parameters/values from their Mediainfo output. Here I have 3 sample mediainfo output text files named Vid1, Vid2 & Vid3 so on... (such we have thousands) and each file has exactly 3 lines. $ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)