Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: data integrity check needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting data integrity check needed Post 302690947 by alister on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 04:11:24 PM
Old 08-23-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
It is impossible to preserve the directory timestamps.
A directory timestamp (and its mode) can be set accordingly after its files are copied/extracted.

In case you were thinking of a different scenario, I am referring to an archiver unpacking.

Regards,
Alister
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

File Integrity Check

Hi, I have two NFS shares mounted on a solaris system. share1 and share2 , both are from different NFS servers share1 has 500GB of data share 2 is empty. I am copying all the data from share1 to share2. It is like migrating the data from one NFS share to another. Is there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: athreyavc
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in arrangind data!

Dear All, Please view the below mentioned text and help me in arranging data in format like DATE TIME Value (2nd-Feild) e.g. 20-JUN-209 00:25:38 69.00 ........... ........... ........... ........... and so on till the file end. 20-JUN-2009 00:25:38, 195.20, ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Sort and uniq data

Hi All, After Sorting directories and files i have got following output as below, now i only want the strings common in them, so the actual output should be as below in the bottom. How do i do that? Thanks -adsi File to be modified:- Common Components for ----> AA... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to stick on variable data to an output

Hi all, I need help now to stick the value inside $RHAT_PRODUCT and display that in every line in the output. What changes in the code can i do. Please suggest Thanks Adsi #!/bin/sh ECHO=/bin/echo FIND=/bin/find AWK=/bin/awk LS=/bin/ls GREP=/bin/grep ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to sort data

Hello All, Today i have been asking lots of question, hope to become good in scripting soon with all the wonderful advices i get. The question is i want to sort data a get uniq string from it. The code i am using to generate the output is:- check_sun() { for i in $SUN_PLATFORM do $ECHO... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX idea needed to check the logs updated date and time

Hi with the help of Gabriel canepa, i have just edited filename only in his code. The help which i got and he helped is 1) I have around 22 logs and each log should be updated in the last 24 hours from the current timestamp. 2) It should check for ERROR message (not error,Error) in the log and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integrity check for the backup

Hello I thought of different ways of integrity check for the backup and look for the fastest approach to start programming. in all these approaches randomness is used. I would appreciate if someone give more suggestions or correct me. 1- Machine Name Check We can check if the machines were... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the best way to check file permissions before moving files if needed?

Hello, I would like to know if it's a good practice to check the file permissions of the contents of a directory before moving them. For example: mv -- "$directory"/* "$directory"/.* "$directory"/..?* "$destination"The variables $directory and $destination contain the path to an existing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cacializ
6 Replies
ETHCHECK(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       ETHCHECK(8)

NAME
ethcheck -- check the integrity of Broadcom Ethernet devices' firmware. SYNOPSIS
ethcheck --integrity-check [-b filename] ethcheck --show-hashes [-b filename] ethcheck --save -b filename ethcheck --cleanup -b filename ethcheck --version ethcheck --help DESCRIPTION
Ethcheck is an application-layer tool to check the integrity of Broadcom Ethernet devices' firmware. The following commands can be used with ethcheck: --integrity-check attempt to automatically determine which firmware you are running, integrity check against the appropriate file, and report the check result. It requires root privileges. --integrity-check -b filename integrity check the firmware image, and report the check result. --show-hashes print the hashes for the current system's Ethernet devices' firmware to stdout. It requires root privileges. --show-hashes -b filename print the hashes for the given firmware image to stdout. --save -b filename save this Ethernet device(s)'s firmware in file. It requires root privileges. File name(s) will begin with specificed filename and be selected according to device ID(s), machine model name, and firmware's version(s). E.g. filename-eth0-0x14e4-0x1686.nvram.bin --cleanup -b filename zero any privacy-sensitive data (such as MAC address), enabling the file to be shared for analysis. --version print out ethcheck version number. --help display a short help. May 25, 2017