Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: data integrity check needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting data integrity check needed Post 302690915 by mirni on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 02:19:27 PM
Old 08-23-2012
Quote:
but in my situation I can't use archiving
Why not? It doesn't really write the archive into a file, it writes it to stdout, just to pipe it to sha1sum. The idea is to make a checksum of one tarball instead of every file. But as I say, I would check the tar and gzip versions if you get different checksums before starting to panic.

Quote:
also it is multiple directories of each @100 gb
You could write a for loop to loop through all the root directories and run the above commands.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

File Integrity Check

Hi, I have two NFS shares mounted on a solaris system. share1 and share2 , both are from different NFS servers share1 has 500GB of data share 2 is empty. I am copying all the data from share1 to share2. It is like migrating the data from one NFS share to another. Is there... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: athreyavc
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in arrangind data!

Dear All, Please view the below mentioned text and help me in arranging data in format like DATE TIME Value (2nd-Feild) e.g. 20-JUN-209 00:25:38 69.00 ........... ........... ........... ........... and so on till the file end. 20-JUN-2009 00:25:38, 195.20, ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with Sort and uniq data

Hi All, After Sorting directories and files i have got following output as below, now i only want the strings common in them, so the actual output should be as below in the bottom. How do i do that? Thanks -adsi File to be modified:- Common Components for ----> AA... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to stick on variable data to an output

Hi all, I need help now to stick the value inside $RHAT_PRODUCT and display that in every line in the output. What changes in the code can i do. Please suggest Thanks Adsi #!/bin/sh ECHO=/bin/echo FIND=/bin/find AWK=/bin/awk LS=/bin/ls GREP=/bin/grep ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to sort data

Hello All, Today i have been asking lots of question, hope to become good in scripting soon with all the wonderful advices i get. The question is i want to sort data a get uniq string from it. The code i am using to generate the output is:- check_sun() { for i in $SUN_PLATFORM do $ECHO... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX idea needed to check the logs updated date and time

Hi with the help of Gabriel canepa, i have just edited filename only in his code. The help which i got and he helped is 1) I have around 22 logs and each log should be updated in the last 24 hours from the current timestamp. 2) It should check for ERROR message (not error,Error) in the log and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalaihari
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integrity check for the backup

Hello I thought of different ways of integrity check for the backup and look for the fastest approach to start programming. in all these approaches randomness is used. I would appreciate if someone give more suggestions or correct me. 1- Machine Name Check We can check if the machines were... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the best way to check file permissions before moving files if needed?

Hello, I would like to know if it's a good practice to check the file permissions of the contents of a directory before moving them. For example: mv -- "$directory"/* "$directory"/.* "$directory"/..?* "$destination"The variables $directory and $destination contain the path to an existing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cacializ
6 Replies
GIT-ARCHIVE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-ARCHIVE(1)

NAME
git-archive - Create an archive of files from a named tree SYNOPSIS
git archive [--format=<fmt>] [--list] [--prefix=<prefix>/] [<extra>] [-o | --output=<file>] [--worktree-attributes] [--remote=<repo> [--exec=<git-upload-archive>]] <tree-ish> [path...] DESCRIPTION
Creates an archive of the specified format containing the tree structure for the named tree, and writes it out to the standard output. If <prefix> is specified it is prepended to the filenames in the archive. git archive behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as the modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header if the tar format is used; it can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. In ZIP files it is stored as a file comment. OPTIONS
--format=<fmt> Format of the resulting archive: tar or zip. If this option is not given, and the output file is specified, the format is inferred from the filename if possible (e.g. writing to "foo.zip" makes the output to be in the zip format). Otherwise the output format is tar. -l, --list Show all available formats. -v, --verbose Report progress to stderr. --prefix=<prefix>/ Prepend <prefix>/ to each filename in the archive. -o <file>, --output=<file> Write the archive to <file> instead of stdout. --worktree-attributes Look for attributes in .gitattributes in working directory too. <extra> This can be any options that the archiver backend understands. See next section. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from the local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. --exec=<git-upload-archive> Used with --remote to specify the path to the git-upload-archive on the remote side. <tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce an archive for. path Without an optional path parameter, all files and subdirectories of the current working directory are included in the archive. If one or more paths are specified, only these are included. BACKEND EXTRA OPTIONS
zip -0 Store the files instead of deflating them. -9 Highest and slowest compression level. You can specify any number from 1 to 9 to adjust compression speed and ratio. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. ATTRIBUTES
export-ignore Files and directories with the attribute export-ignore won't be added to archive files. See gitattributes(5) for details. export-subst If the attribute export-subst is set for a file then git will expand several placeholders when adding this file to an archive. See gitattributes(5) for details. Note that attributes are by default taken from the .gitattributes files in the tree that is being archived. If you want to tweak the way the output is generated after the fact (e.g. you committed without adding an appropriate export-ignore in its .gitattributes), adjust the checked out .gitattributes file as necessary and use --work-tree-attributes option. Alternatively you can keep necessary attributes that should apply while archiving any tree in your $GIT_DIR/info/attributes file. EXAMPLES
git archive --format=tar --prefix=junk/ HEAD | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extract it in the /var/tmp/junk directory. git archive --format=tar --prefix=git-1.4.0/ v1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a compressed tarball for v1.4.0 release. git archive --format=tar --prefix=git-1.4.0/ v1.4.0^{tree} | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a compressed tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git archive --format=zip --prefix=git-docs/ HEAD:Documentation/ > git-1.4.0-docs.zip Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.zip, with the prefix git-docs/. git archive -o latest.zip HEAD Create a Zip archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch. Note that the output format is inferred by the extension of the output file. SEE ALSO
gitattributes(5) AUTHOR
Written by Franck Bui-Huu and Rene Scharfe. DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by David Greaves, Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[1]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-ARCHIVE(1)