Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers simple code to collapse rows in bash Post 302690889 by vgersh99 on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 01:33:09 PM
Old 08-23-2012
Code:
awk '{idx=$1 OFS $2 OFS $3 OFS $4}{a[idx]=(idx in a)?a[idx]";"$NF:$NF}END{for(i in a) print i,a[i]}' myFile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

block editing, collapse, comment.

any way i can block edit a program ? i wrote a macro to do it in emacs so it works like : void foo ( int ... ) ; // collapsed. it moves the body to temperary buffer, but i can't rely on this :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_475
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to converting rows to columns, bash

I have in file these words: @fraza1 = rw @fraza2 = r @fraza3 = r @fraza4 = r @fraza5 = r @fraza1 = r @fraza6 = r @fraza7 = r @fraza2 = r @fraza8 = r @fraza9 = r ... I would like so that: ,rw,@fraza1 ,r,@fraza2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - calculating simple correlation of rows

Is there any way to calculate a simple correlation of few selected rows with all the rows in input ? In the below example I selected Row01,02,03 and correlated with all the rows. I was trying to run in R. But the this big data matrix is too much to handle for R and eventually my system is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: group rows by id and simple conversion

Hi all, I am a newbie to awk and trying to learn by doing examples. I got stuck at this relatively simple conversion. The start file looks like: 1 2 "t1" 1 3 "h1" 2 1 "h1" 2 2 "h2" and I want to convert it into 1 t1:2, h1:3; 2 h1:1, h2:2; Thanks. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagle_fly
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collapse linked values

please help, I want to group together all linked data pairs. If I have 10 pairs, each row showing col2 and col3 are linked. R1 1 2 R2 1 3 R3 2 4 R4 3 4 R5 5 6 R6 8 1 R7 6 7 R8 9 10 Then I am looking to make R1 1 2 3 4 8 R5 5 6 7 R8 9 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheetalk
2 Replies
Tk_QueueWindowEvent(3)					       Tk Library Procedures					    Tk_QueueWindowEvent(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_CollapseMotionEvents, Tk_QueueWindowEvent - Add a window event to the Tcl event queue SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_CollapseMotionEvents(display, collapse) Tk_QueueWindowEvent(eventPtr, position) ARGUMENTS
Display *display (in) Display for which to control motion event collapsing. int collapse (in) Indicates whether motion events should be collapsed or not. XEvent *eventPtr (in) An event to add to the event queue. It is important that all unused fields of the structure be set to zero. Tcl_QueuePosition position (in) Where to add the new event in the queue: TCL_QUEUE_TAIL, TCL_QUEUE_HEAD, or TCL_QUEUE_MARK. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_QueueWindowEvent places a window event on Tcl's internal event queue for eventual servicing. It creates a Tcl_Event structure, copies the event into that structure, and calls Tcl_QueueEvent to add the event to the queue. When the event is eventually removed from the queue it is processed just like all window events. When multiple motion events are received for the same window in rapid succession, they are collapsed by default. This behavior can be con- trolled with Tk_CollapseMotionEvents. Tk_CollapseMotionEvents always returns the previous value for collapse behavior on the display. The position argument to Tk_QueueWindowEvent has the same significance as for Tcl_QueueEvent; see the documentation for Tcl_QueueEvent for details. KEYWORDS
callback, clock, handler, modal timeout, events Tk 7.5 Tk_QueueWindowEvent(3)