Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed for select and retrieve data Post 302690709 by Amad on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 09:41:57 AM
Old 08-23-2012
Sed for select and retrieve data

I would like to recover the data from 3 text tags.
These three markers are located between the tags specific location <tag1> and </tag1> knowing that they are in many places.

In File.txt:
Code:
<tag2>txt2</tag2>
<tag3>txt3</tag3>
<tag4>txt4</tag4>

<tag1>

<tag2>txt2</tag2>
<tag3>txt3</tag3>
<tag4>txt4</tag4>

</tag1>

What I did
Code:
T1=`cat file.txt | sed -en  '/<tag1>/,/<\/tag1>/s/<tag2>/,/<\/tag2>/g
T2=`cat file.txt | sed -en  '/<tag1>/,/<\/tag1>/s/<tag3>/,/<\/tag3>/g
T3=`cat file.txt | sed -en  '/<tag1>/,/<\/tag1>/s/<tag4>/,/<\/tag4>/g

But this does not.
Thanks for your help

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by zaxxon; 08-23-2012 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve data from a file

Hello guys I want to retrieve two data from a file, like this: bash-2.03$ cat numtest 123456 123457 bash-2.03$ more ./test_num #!/bin/bash num1= num2= cnt=1 while read x do num${cnt}=$x cnt=$(($cnt+1)) done <$1 echo $num1 "\n" $num2 But when i executed this script, error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrieve what the currently selected item is in a dropdown select list using perl tk

I have a dropdown menu built in perl tk (I am using active state perl). I want to select a value from the dropdown menu and I want to be able to perform some other actions depending upon what value is selected. I have all the graphical part made but I dont know how to get the selected value. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Retrieve data and redirect to a file

How to write a shell script to retrieve datas from database after that this database are redirect to a excell sheet and then i got a mail that gives details about the database with the column name and data.. I m using oracle 9i... Thanks, Anup Das (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve data using awk command

I have a txt file with below data (textfile1.txt) select col1, col2 from Schema_Name.Table_Name1 select * from Schema_Name.Table_Name2 select col1, col2, col3 from Schema_Name.Table_Name3 select col1 from Schema_Name.Table_Name4 My output should look like Table_Name1 Table_Name2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad4004
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

More time to retrieve data from DB

Hi All, It takes around one hour to retrieve 3 lakhs data from DB. I feel this can be still more reduced, please help me in improvising the below code, to get it retrieve faster, atleast 30 to 45 minutes. sqlplus -s ${OCAU_DB_UNAME}/${OCAU_DB_UPSWD}@${OCAU_DB_NAME} > /apps/data/filedata.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattamuthu
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare two columns and retrieve data

I am a newbie to Unix and slowly learning it. I have a large data set with 8 different columns. I want to compare two columns and retrieve data if the two columns have similar number. I have attached the example. There are two columns (S-Contig and N-Contig). I want to retrieve the data from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorngill
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to retrieve data from two files matching a string

Hello Experts, I have come back to this forum after a while now, since require a better way to get my result.. My query is as below.. I have 3 files -- 1 Input file, 2 Data files .. Based on the input file, data has to be retreived matching from two files which has one common key.. For EX:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve data from Remote machine

Hello Please I ask if it is possible to recover data that is stored on a remote machine that I access via ssh on a usb ? if so, how? Thank you so much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to retrieve data from shell when connected to Oracle

I am trying to get the data from oracle table to a variable I have tried the below code #/usr/bin/sh echo " I am in correct loop" SPOOL_FILE=/app/scripts/alt.lst sqlplus /nolog <<END_SQL connect bindu/bindu@gis whenever sqlerror exit failure rollback;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kiransagar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of two files and retrieve data

Hi guys, I need your help. I have two files: file1 1 3 5 file2 1,XX 2,AA 3,BB 4,CC 5,DD I would like to compare the first column and where they are equal to write that output in a new file: 1,XX 3,BB (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies
bindtags(n)						       Tk Built-In Commands						       bindtags(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
bindtags - Determine which bindings apply to a window, and order of evaluation SYNOPSIS
bindtags window ?tagList? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
When a binding is created with the bind command, it is associated either with a particular window such as .a.b.c, a class name such as But- ton, the keyword all, or any other string. All of these forms are called binding tags. Each window contains a list of binding tags that determine how events are processed for the window. When an event occurs in a window, it is applied to each of the window's tags in order: for each tag, the most specific binding that matches the given tag and event is executed. See the bind command for more information on the matching process. By default, each window has four binding tags consisting of the name of the window, the window's class name, the name of the window's near- est toplevel ancestor, and all, in that order. Toplevel windows have only three tags by default, since the toplevel name is the same as that of the window. The bindtags command allows the binding tags for a window to be read and modified. If bindtags is invoked with only one argument, then the current set of binding tags for window is returned as a list. If the tagList argu- ment is specified to bindtags, then it must be a proper list; the tags for window are changed to the elements of the list. The elements of tagList may be arbitrary strings; however, any tag starting with a dot is treated as the name of a window; if no window by that name exists at the time an event is processed, then the tag is ignored for that event. The order of the elements in tagList determines the order in which binding scripts are executed in response to events. For example, the command bindtags .b {all . Button .b} reverses the order in which binding scripts will be evaluated for a button named .b so that all bindings are invoked first, following by bindings for .b's toplevel ("."), followed by class bindings, followed by bindings for .b. If tagList is an empty list then the binding tags for window are returned to the default state described above. The bindtags command may be used to introduce arbitrary additional binding tags for a window, or to remove standard tags. For example, the command bindtags .b {.b TrickyButton . all} replaces the Button tag for .b with TrickyButton. This means that the default widget bindings for buttons, which are associated with the Button tag, will no longer apply to .b, but any bindings associated with TrickyButton (perhaps some new button behavior) will apply. EXAMPLE
If you have a set of nested frame widgets and you want events sent to a button widget to also be delivered to all the widgets up to the current toplevel (in contrast to Tk's default behavior, where events are not delivered to those intermediate windows) to make it easier to have accelerators that are only active for part of a window, you could use a helper procedure like this to help set things up: proc setupBindtagsForTreeDelivery {widget} { set tags [list $widget [winfo class $widget]] set w $widget set t [winfo toplevel $w] while {$w ne $t} { set w [winfo parent $w] lappend tags $w } lappend tags all bindtags $widget $tags } SEE ALSO
bind(n) KEYWORDS
binding, event, tag Tk 4.0 bindtags(n)