Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting build array name based on loop index Post 302690683 by Klashxx on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 08:59:08 AM
Old 08-23-2012
use:

Code:
eval  "&sendK(\@pld$k)" ;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wh inode index starts from 1 unlike array index (0)

brothers why inode index starts from 1 unlike array inex which starts from 0 its a question from the design of unix operating system of maurice j.bach i need to know the answer urgently...someone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem when assign the array with the string index

I come across the problems when assigning the array in the script below . How to use the array with the 'string index' correctly ? When I assign a new string index , the array elements that are previously assigned are all changed .:eek::eek::eek: $ array=211 $ echo ${array} 211 $... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sql variable as array index

hi folks i am facing problom while trying to access sql variable as array index ina unix shell script....script goes as below.. #!/bin/ksh MAX=3 for elem in alpha beeta gaama do arr=$elem ((x=x+1)) Done SQL_SERVER='servername' /apps/sun5/utils/sqsh -S $SQL_SERVER -U user -P pwd -b -h... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer157
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk array index help

$ cat file.txt A|X|20 A|Y|20 A|X|30 A|Z|20 B|X|10 A|Y|40 Summing up $NF based on first 2 fields, $ awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {OFS="|"} { sum += $NF } END { for (f in sum) print f,sum } ' file.txt o/p: A|X|50 A|Y|60 A|Z|20 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwork72
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic index for array in while loop

Hi, I'm just trying to use a dynamic index for some array elements that I'm accessing within a loop. Specifically, I want to access an array at variable position $counter and then also at location $counter + 1 and $counter + 2 (the second and third array positions after it) but I keep getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: weak_code-fu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Index problem in associate array in awk

I am trying to reformat the table by filling any missing rows. The final table will have consecutive IDs in the first column. My problem is the index of the associate array in the awk script. infile: S01 36407 53706 88540 S02 69343 87098 87316 S03 50133 59721 107923... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Associative array index question

I am trying to assign indexes to an associative array in a for loop but I have to use an eval command to make it work, this doesn't seem correct I don't have to do this with regular arrays For example, the following assignment fails without the eval command: #! /bin/bash read -d "\0" -a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy of array by index value fails

Hello, I have a complicated situational find and replace that I wrote in bash because I didn't know how to do everything in awk. The code works but is very slow, as expected. To create my modified file, I am looping through an array that was populated earlier and making some replacements at... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
6 Replies
LIBXO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  LIBXO(3)

NAME
xo_err -- emit errors and warnings in multiple formats LIBRARY
library ``libxo'' SYNOPSIS
#include <libxo/xo.h> void xo_warn(const char *fmt, ...); void xo_warnx(const char *fmt, ...); void xo_warn_c(int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_warn_hc(xo_handle_t *xop, int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_err(int eval, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_errc(int eval, int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_errx(int eval, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_message(const char *fmt, ...); void xo_message_c(int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_message_hc(xo_handle_t *xop, int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_message_hcv(xo_handle_t *xop, int code, const char *fmt, va_list vap); DESCRIPTION
Many programs make use of the standard library functions err(3) and warn(3) to generate errors and warnings for the user. libxo wants to pass that information via the current output style, and provides compatible functions to allow this. These functions display the program name, a colon, a formatted message based on the arguments, and then optionally a colon and an error mes- sage associated with either errno or the code parameter. EXAMPLE: if (open(filename, O_RDONLY) < 0) xo_err(1, "cannot open file '%s'", filename); ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION
Complete documentation can be found on github: http://juniper.github.io/libxo/libxo-manual.html libxo lives on github as: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo The latest release of libxo is available at: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo/releases SEE ALSO
xo_emit(3) HISTORY
The libxo library was added in FreeBSD 11.0. AUTHOR
Phil Shafer BSD
December 4, 2014 BSD