Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test' Post 302690615 by itkamaraj on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 07:35:46 AM
Old 08-23-2012
Code:
perl -lane 'if($F[1]!~/test/){$F[1]="test" . "\u$F[1]";}print join "\t",@F' input.txt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if test case in korn shell

hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am not too familiar with scripting so I will be spending a lot of time here. I am trying to understand a ksh script. NSCA=/bin/send_nsca if ] What does the -e check for? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluke_perf
3 Replies

2. Programming

Ignore case in a test?

How do I ignore the case in an if condition..? EDIT: I put this in the wrong board...this is a linux script. if then echo "Same name." else echo "Different name." fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - traverse sub directories and get test case results

Hello, I need help in creating a PERL script for parsing test result files to get the results (pass or fail). Each test case execution generates a directory with few files among which we are interested in .result file. Lets say Testing is home directory. If i executed 2 test cases. It will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lower case test condition

I want to locate directories that are upper, lower or have both upper and lower cases. What I have is: find /tmp/$var2 -type d' " ); && echo "host case is incorrect" || echo "host case is correct" This actually is part of a larger script and it does work but the problem is that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to test for both upper and lower case directories

I am trying to get a script to print out whether a directory is lowercase uppercase or both. This is what I've got so far: echo -e read "enter name" read server for DIR in $(find /tmp/$server -type d -prune | sed 's/\.\///g');do if expr match "$server" "*$" > /dev/null; then echo "$server -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test command non case specific string comparision

Hi, I want to do caseless string comparision using test command for eg: Ind_f="y" test "$Ind_f" == "y|Y" i tried , ** , nothing worked. any thoughts on how to do case insensitive string comparison using test command without converting to any particular case using typeset or tr? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kulasekar
8 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

DOS resistance Test case help

Hello, I am testing a new software and i need to run also one test case to prove that the device is resistant to DOS attack. I tried using some tools to perform attacks to the machine but i am a little bit confused what i really have to check to prove that the machine have protection against... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
gtkhtml-editor-test(1)						   User Commands					    gtkhtml-editor-test(1)

NAME
gtkhtml-editor-test - A simple html editor for libgtkhtml. SYNOPSIS
gtkhtml-editor-test DESCRIPTION
gtkhtml-editor-test is a light-weight html editor for testing libgtkhtml-editor(3). It contains all the features that libgtkhtml-editor provides. It can be used to create a message in plaintext or HTML format. These features are used by the evolution(1). application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevolution-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
evolution(1), libgtkhtml-editor(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Jul 2008 gtkhtml-editor-test(1)