Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mailx not working on SunOS 5.9 Post 302690525 by Jcpratap on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 06:19:22 AM
Old 08-23-2012
mailx not working on SunOS 5.9

I m trying to send o/p of one file using mailx command but is not working

PFB command :

Code:

cat healthchecklog | mailx -s "HEALTH CHECKS" abc@jkl.com

also I have checked the ps -ef for mailx which is giveing below o/p

Code:

ps -ef | grep mail

root   364     1  0   Jun 08 ?        1:09 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -q15m
   smmsp   365     1  0   Jun 08 ?        0:09 /usr/lib/sendmail -Ac -q15m

please help this out urgently

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SunOS 5.10 - VI Arrow keys not working

Hi I am working on SunOS 5.10 from remote terminal using putty. Also echo $TERM xterm In vi editor when in insert mode arrow keys are not working for cursor movement instead they print A B C and D. Please help. thanks ravs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravashingravi
7 Replies

2. Solaris

tr -d is not working on SunOS 5.9

i am using sunos 5.9. entityname="india\/delhi" correctpattern="<branch value=\"/`echo $entityname | tr -d '\'`/WORKAREA/\"> echo $correctpattern the output should be <branch value="/india/delhi/WORKAREA/"> This is working fine in command line but not working when i placed these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working

Hi All, I am strugging with mailx. I have a shell script which triggers mail when executed. I have mailx utility installed in system under /usr/bin/mailx but still when that script executes i am not getting mails..any idea why strange behaviour..? Tha:(nks in advance Usha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
2 Replies

4. Solaris

mailx not working

i am supporting a server running Solaris 5.6.I don't know if the mail is configured on this server. i ran the following commands and got the corresponding output. #which mailx /usr/bin/mailx #ps -ef | grep sendmail root 601 1 0 Jan 10 ? 0:01 /usr/lib/sendmail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx is not working

i have a file.i want to get that file to my mail.mail services are running.but still i didn't receive the mail. i have used this command. mailx -s file1 muraliinfy04@gmail.com < file2.txt.can anybody help me.it's urgent.I am new to unix. actually file1 i have directed to a file2.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

6. Solaris

All i/o (ftp) not working on this SunOS 5.10

Hi everyone: I have been trying to simply FTP a file over to this SunOS 5.10 (which is same as Solaris 10 now) and nothing works! I can only Telnet to this via SSH (with my own account/uid), and I can also send simple mail out with mailx, that's all!!! I cannot FTP to it (I think FTP... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
7 Replies

7. Solaris

SunOs 5.9: why is 'ulimit -c' not working?

I have a situation where the system is dumping a 2g causing filesystem to fill up. We identified the source and working on a solution. However, I wanted to limit the size of the 'core' file. Please examine the test scenario ... cnewtonne@mars> ulimit -f 0 cnewtonne@mars> ls -ltr core*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnewtonne
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Manipulate files with find and fuser not working as expected on SunOs

Greetings, For housekeeping, I use the following command: find /some/path -type f -name "*log*" ! -exec fuser -s "{}" 2>/dev/null \; -exec ls -lh {} \; It finds all log files not currently in use by a process and manipulates them. This command always works on linux and redhat machines,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dampio
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sendmail not working in SUNOS

Hi All i am trying to send a mail from SunOS to my outlook mail but it is not working neither giving any error please suggest # uuencode /tmp/t.txt t.txt | mailx -s test v.com # # uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

--SunOS 5.10 nawk for paragraph not working

The machine is using bash: ================== bash -version GNU bash, version 3.2.51(1)-release (i386-pc-solaris2.10) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. ========================= I have the following xml file. am trying to get a whole paragraph if it meets certain criteria.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilgamesh
9 Replies
fmt(1)							      General Commands Manual							    fmt(1)

NAME
fmt - Formats mail messages prior to sending SYNOPSIS
fmt [-width] file... DESCRIPTION
The fmt command reads the input file or files, or standard input if no files are specified, and writes to standard output a version of the input with lines of a length as close as possible to width columns. (Because fmt is internationalized software, the number of display col- umns is not necessarily equivalent to the number of bytes.) The fmt command both joins and splits lines to achieve the desired width, but words are never joined or split; spaces are always preserved, and lines are split at spaces only. In effect, fmt ignores newline characters in the input and wraps words to make lines a close as possi- ble to width columns, resulting in individual lines of varying length but a consistent (new) text width overall. Because blank lines are always preserved, fmt does not merge paragraphs separated by blank lines. If you specify more than one file, the files are concatenated as input to fmt. If you do not specify -width, the default line length is 72 columns. Spacing at the beginning of input lines is always preserved in the output. The fmt command is generally used to format mail messages to improve their appearance before they are sent. It may also be useful, how- ever, for other simple formatting tasks. For example, when you are using vi, you can use the command :%!fmt -60 to reformat your text so that all lines are approximately 60 columns long. NOTES
The fmt command is a fast, simple formatting program. Standard text editing programs are more appropriate than fmt for complex formatting operations. Do not use the fmt command if the message contains embedded messages or preformatted information from other files. This com- mand formats the heading information in embedded messages and may change the format of preformatted information. EXAMPLES
file1 contains these lines: Australia is an island-continent, home to many very interesting plants and animals. To reformat this text to a narrower width, enter: fmt -30 file1 This results in the following, displayed on your screen: Australia is an island-continent, home to many very interesting plants and animals. To make file1 wider, enter: fmt -60 file1 This results in: Australia is an island-continent, home to many very interesting plants and animals. To format a message you have created with the mailx editor, at the left margin enter: ~|fmt After you enter the command, your message is formatted, in this case to the default line length of 72 columns, and the word continue is displayed to indicate that you can enter more information or send your message. SEE ALSO
Commands: mail(1), mailx(1), vi(1) fmt(1)