Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system freezes / hangs
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat system freezes / hangs Post 302690447 by zaxxon on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 04:39:42 AM
Old 08-23-2012
Maybe turn off ldap auth for a moment to try if you can reproduce/verify what RedHat support said.
Else I would also check if the hardware or virtualization engine below shows any trouble in it's logs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

System hangs on data compression

Hi, We are having an automated system installed on SCO unixware, which runs a End Of Day routine during midnight. Since few days system is hanging at data backup, I have checked the log, system hangs exactly on data compression, any idea or help that why system is hanging only on compression....... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
10 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Pulling a drive on RAID1 hangs system

I'm setting up a server with software RAID1, and everything is working perfectly, except that when I pull either of the drives, the system completely hangs and has to be rebooted. The computer is a Tyan Transport GX28, which is alleged to have hot-swappable SATA. I can fail a drive and the system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

system hangs in case of driver

hi, i am working on device drivers in linux kernel-2.6.11. Distribution is Mandrake-10.2. Basically i have to port the driver from kernel-2.4 to kernel-2.6.11. My system hangs,when ever an application calls select. Basically the kernel code for select, contains only 2 apis void poll_wait... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fedora 7 freezes

Hi, Recently my Fedora running under level 3 begun freezing. It was running for about four months without any failures, but now it freezes almost every day, even twice a day. Sometimes it comes back itself, sometimes hard reboot is needed. This is a remote server where I connect through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Georgy
2 Replies

5. Solaris

System hangs

Hi, today when i started the OS Sun Solaris 10 it hangs on initialization. Following was shown in the end of the screen Initializing system Please wait.... * Please help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
3 Replies

6. Solaris

System hangs (freezes) on system bell/beep

I am running OpenIndiana development version oi_148 32-bit on a seven-year-old Dell Inspiron 8600. Seems to be running fine except for one particular annoyance: It freezes whenever a system bell/beep plays. I have mitigated this by turning the system bell off in gnome-terminal, which I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeadBadger
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Linux system hangs giving ntp errors

Hi folks, I am facing issue of my system (host1) getting hanged after throwing following ntpd messages. I am not able to ssh to the server there after. only option is to restart the host: Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: time reset -0.207907 s Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: synchronisation lost Dec 29... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiddhV
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 system hangs

Solaris 10 (Sun V210) System hangs every couple of months. Have to go into ALOM to reset. I did a consolehistory report and seen this in it. Failed to exec inetd_start method of instance svc:/network/bootps/udp:default: I/O error WARNING: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2 (glm0): Resetting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joeentech
3 Replies

9. SuSE

Installed OpenSuse 12.1 w/KDE - system freezes at graphical login

Hi, I installed OpenSuse 12.1 on my Dell 690 (X2 dual core Xeon 2.66GHZ, 8G RAM 667 FBDIMM quad channel, 500G at striping RAID (2X 250G SATA), nVidia Quadro FX 3400). All installation was smooth, took less than 15 minutes. But when I'm trying to login, instead of showing me the desktop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netwalker
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xt timer call, XtAppAddTimeout, hangs on system clock jump backwards

Hi, I've got an issue which I've been 'google-fu'ing without much luck. We have a legacy program which has been plagued by an issue for a long time and I've been tasked to investigate/fix. The program uses XMotif2.1 (required due to dependency on an old GUI designer) and runs on a RHEL7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: altrefrain
4 Replies
SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					SSH-LDAP-HELPER(8)

NAME
ssh-ldap-helper -- sshd helper program for ldap support SYNOPSIS
ssh-ldap-helper [-devw] [-f file] [-s user] DESCRIPTION
ssh-ldap-helper is used by sshd(1) to access keys provided by an LDAP. ssh-ldap-helper is disabled by default and can only be enabled in the sshd configuration file /etc/ssh/sshd_config by setting AuthorizedKeysCommand to ``/usr/libexec/openssh/ssh-ldap-wrapper''. ssh-ldap-helper is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from sshd(8) via ssh-ldap-wrapper. The options are as follows: -d Set the debug mode; ssh-ldap-helper prints all logs to stderr instead of syslog. -e Implies -w; ssh-ldap-helper halts if it encounters an unknown item in the ldap.conf file. -f ssh-ldap-helper uses this file as the ldap configuration file instead of /etc/ssh/ldap.conf (default). -s ssh-ldap-helper prints out the user's keys to stdout and exits. -v Implies -d; increases verbosity. -w ssh-ldap-helper writes warnings about unknown items in the ldap.conf configuration file. SEE ALSO
sshd(8), sshd_config(5), ssh-ldap.conf(5), HISTORY
ssh-ldap-helper first appeared in OpenSSH 5.5 + PKA-LDAP . AUTHORS
Jan F. Chadima <jchadima@redhat.com> BSD
April 29, 2010 BSD