Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get 3rd week of every friday? Post 302690387 by itkamaraj on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 02:36:50 AM
Old 08-23-2012
another one to calculate the 3rd friday date

Code:

$ cal 12 2012 | nawk 'NR==4{if($6>7){fri=$6+7}else{fri=$6+14}}END{print fri}'      
$ cal 01 2012 | nawk 'NR==4{if($6>7){fri=$6+7}else{fri=$6+14}}END{print fri}' 
$ cal 11 2012 | nawk 'NR==4{if($6>7){fri=$6+7}else{fri=$6+14}}END{print fri}' 
$ cal | nawk 'NR==4{if($6>7){fri=$6+7}else{fri=$6+14}}END{print fri}'

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify week-1 and week-2

Hello Friends I have three dirs 1. /home/main-bkup 2. /home/bkup-week1 3. /home/bkup-week2 Now we copy backups in 1 initially, then on 1st week we copy few content of 1 into 2 and then run some scripts on that. Then in 2nd week we keep 2 untouched and do the same thing in 3. So I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help, Every friday in a month

I am trying to write a script that shows every Friday in a month. I used cal $1 $2 | grep -v "^$" | awk '{print $6}' It doesn't work for the frist week of Friday because calendar command output has some spaces in the first line and awk '{print $6}' doesn't work. Anybody help me with this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAY
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Friday afternoon headache

Hi all, It's been a long week and my brain is clearly not functioning right so hopefully someone can help me out here. I've got a function in a script which just checks if a MySQL database directory exists or not. Code is as follows: dbCheck2() { if ; then { : # carry... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Spare_Ribs_
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i find the third friday of each month?

Help please! I need to read the calendar and put the date of the third Friday of each month into a variable for comparison in an "if" statement. How would I do this? Thnx, leslie02 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: leslie02
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pickup until last friday files from directory

Freinds, I need help: I need to process number of flat files on weekly basis. My source dir will receive flat files regulary at mid night between 1:00am and 6:00am. When I run my weekly file process it should get only the files which are until last friday (including friday)and move them in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last friday of every month

Hi, I need to get the date of last friday of every month. how can i achieve this ? please guide me. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Cron - job to run every 3rd Friday of the month only

Hi Expert Please help me to set a cron job schedule, Ihave a job that run every 3rd Friday of the month at 1030am. I tried to set up like this, but the job still runs every friday at 1030am. I want the job to run every 3rd Friday of the month at 1030am only 30 10 15,16,17,18,19,20,21... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaibiganmi
2 Replies

8. Linux

Bash Display First Friday of the next month

Hello, I need to find the date of next first Friday of the month and set as a variable in a bash script ie - FIRSTFRIDAY=$(date -dfirst-friday +%d) I know date -dfirst-friday doesn't work, but unsure if I can use this / cal + awk or something else to find the right date of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerdays
7 Replies
Prima::Calendar(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prima::Calendar(3)

NAME
Prima::Calendar - standard calendar widget SYNOPSIS
use Prima::Calendar; my $cal = Prima::Calendar-> create( useLocale => 1, onChange => sub { print $_[0]-> date_as_string, " "; }, ); $cal-> date_from_time( localtime ); $cal-> month( 5); DESCRIPTION
Provides interactive selection of date between 1900 and 2099 years. The main property, date, is a three-integer array, day, month, and year, in the format of perl localtime ( see "localtime" in perlfunc ) - day can be in range from 1 to 31,month from 0 to 11, year from 0 to 199. API
Events Change Called when the date property is changed. Properties date DAY, MONTH, YEAR Accepts three integers in format of "localtime". DAY can be from 1 to 31, MONTH from 0 to 11, YEAR from 0 to 199. Default value: today's date. day INTEGER Selects the day in month. firstDayOfWeek INTEGER Selects the first day of week, an integer between 0 and 6, where 0 is Sunday is the first day, 1 is Monday etc. Default value: 0 month Selects the month. useLocale BOOLEAN If 1, the locale-specific names of months and days of week are used. These are read by calling "POSIX::strftime". If invocation of POSIX module fails, the property is automatically assigned to 0. If 0, the English names of months and days of week are used. Default value: 1 See also: date_as_string year Selects the year. Methods can_use_locale Returns boolean value, whether the locale information can be retrieved by calling "strftime". month2str MONTH Returns MONTH name according to useLocale value. make_months Returns array of 12 month names according to useLocale value. day_of_week DAY, MONTH, YEAR, [ USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK = 1 ] Returns integer value, from 0 to 6, of the day of week on DAY, MONTH, YEAR date. If boolean USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK is set, the value of "firstDayOfWeek" property is taken into the account, so 0 is a Sunday shifted forward by "firstDayOfWeek" days. The switch from Julian to Gregorian calendar is ignored. date_as_string [ DAY, MONTH, YEAR ] Returns string representation of date on DAY, MONTH, YEAR according to useLocale property value. date_from_time SEC, MIN, HOUR, M_DAY, MONTH, YEAR, ... Copies date from "localtime" or "gmtime" result. This helper method allows the following syntax: $calendar-> date_from_time( localtime( time)); AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. SEE ALSO
Prima, Prima::Widget, POSIX, "localtime" in perlfunc, "time" in perlfunc, examples/calendar.pl. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::Calendar(3)