Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get 3rd week of every friday? Post 302690387 by itkamaraj on Thursday 23rd of August 2012 02:36:50 AM
Old 08-23-2012
another one to calculate the 3rd friday date

Code:

$ cal 12 2012 | nawk 'NR==4{if($6>7){fri=$6+7}else{fri=$6+14}}END{print fri}'      
$ cal 01 2012 | nawk 'NR==4{if($6>7){fri=$6+7}else{fri=$6+14}}END{print fri}' 
$ cal 11 2012 | nawk 'NR==4{if($6>7){fri=$6+7}else{fri=$6+14}}END{print fri}' 
$ cal | nawk 'NR==4{if($6>7){fri=$6+7}else{fri=$6+14}}END{print fri}'

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify week-1 and week-2

Hello Friends I have three dirs 1. /home/main-bkup 2. /home/bkup-week1 3. /home/bkup-week2 Now we copy backups in 1 initially, then on 1st week we copy few content of 1 into 2 and then run some scripts on that. Then in 2nd week we keep 2 untouched and do the same thing in 3. So I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help, Every friday in a month

I am trying to write a script that shows every Friday in a month. I used cal $1 $2 | grep -v "^$" | awk '{print $6}' It doesn't work for the frist week of Friday because calendar command output has some spaces in the first line and awk '{print $6}' doesn't work. Anybody help me with this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAY
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Friday afternoon headache

Hi all, It's been a long week and my brain is clearly not functioning right so hopefully someone can help me out here. I've got a function in a script which just checks if a MySQL database directory exists or not. Code is as follows: dbCheck2() { if ; then { : # carry... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Spare_Ribs_
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i find the third friday of each month?

Help please! I need to read the calendar and put the date of the third Friday of each month into a variable for comparison in an "if" statement. How would I do this? Thnx, leslie02 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: leslie02
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pickup until last friday files from directory

Freinds, I need help: I need to process number of flat files on weekly basis. My source dir will receive flat files regulary at mid night between 1:00am and 6:00am. When I run my weekly file process it should get only the files which are until last friday (including friday)and move them in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last friday of every month

Hi, I need to get the date of last friday of every month. how can i achieve this ? please guide me. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Cron - job to run every 3rd Friday of the month only

Hi Expert Please help me to set a cron job schedule, Ihave a job that run every 3rd Friday of the month at 1030am. I tried to set up like this, but the job still runs every friday at 1030am. I want the job to run every 3rd Friday of the month at 1030am only 30 10 15,16,17,18,19,20,21... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaibiganmi
2 Replies

8. Linux

Bash Display First Friday of the next month

Hello, I need to find the date of next first Friday of the month and set as a variable in a bash script ie - FIRSTFRIDAY=$(date -dfirst-friday +%d) I know date -dfirst-friday doesn't work, but unsure if I can use this / cal + awk or something else to find the right date of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerdays
7 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal, ncal -- displays a calendar and the date of Easter SYNOPSIS
cal [-3hjy] [-A number] [-B number] [[month] year] cal [-3hj] [-A number] [-B number] -m month [year] ncal [-3hjJpwy] [-A number] [-B number] [-s country_code] [[month] year] ncal [-3hJeo] [-A number] [-B number] [year] ncal [-CN] [-H yyyy-mm-dd] [-d yyyy-mm] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility displays a simple calendar in traditional format and ncal offers an alternative layout, more options and the date of Easter. The new format is a little cramped but it makes a year fit on a 25x80 terminal. If arguments are not specified, the current month is dis- played. The options are as follows: -h Turns off highlighting of today. -J Display Julian Calendar, if combined with the -e option, display date of Easter according to the Julian Calendar. -e Display date of Easter (for western churches). -j Display Julian days (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -m month Display the specified month. If month is specified as a decimal number, it may be followed by the letter 'f' or 'p' to indicate the following or preceding month of that number, respectively. -o Display date of Orthodox Easter (Greek and Russian Orthodox Churches). -p Print the country codes and switching days from Julian to Gregorian Calendar as they are assumed by ncal. The country code as deter- mined from the local environment is marked with an asterisk. -s country_code Assume the switch from Julian to Gregorian Calendar at the date associated with the country_code. If not specified, ncal tries to guess the switch date from the local environment or falls back to September 2, 1752. This was when Great Britain and her colonies switched to the Gregorian Calendar. -w Print the number of the week below each week column. -y Display a calendar for the specified year. -3 Display the previous, current and next month surrounding today. -A number Display the number of months after the current month. -B number Display the number of months before the current month. -C Switch to cal mode. -N Switch to ncal mode. -d yyyy-mm Use yyyy-mm as the current date (for debugging of date selection). -H yyyy-mm-dd Use yyyy-mm-dd as the current date (for debugging of highlighting). A single parameter specifies the year (1-9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calendar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month and year; the month is either a number between 1 and 12, or a full or abbreviated name as speci- fied by the current locale. Month and year default to those of the current system clock and time zone (so ``cal -m 8'' will display a calen- dar for the month of August in the current year). Not all options can be used together. For example ``-3 -A 2 -B 3 -y -m 7'' would mean: show me the three months around the seventh month, three before that, two after that and the whole year. ncal will warn about these combinations. A year starts on January 1. Highlighting of dates is disabled if stdout is not a tty. SEE ALSO
calendar(3), strftime(3) HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 5 AT&T UNIX. The ncal command appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The ncal command and manual were written by Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The assignment of Julian-Gregorian switching dates to country codes is historically naive for many countries. Not all options are compatible and using them in different orders will give varying results. BSD
March 14, 2009 BSD