Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to delete files within a particular time frame under multiple sub folders Post 302690131 by RudiC on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 01:15:02 PM
Old 08-22-2012
You might want to consider the -delete primary that some find implementations offer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving multiple folders/files in subversion using bash script

Hi, I'm new here an dlearning a lot from this forum. i didnt find any solution for this in the forum. I have already checked in folders in subversion named HTT01,... HTT21.. and have files in each folder like below: HTT01/HTT01_00000.hex HTT01/HTT01_00000_fb_result.hex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravishan21
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

runnning a shell script in multiple folders

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to both unix and shell scripts. Right now I have a script that I can run in one folder (if a certain text file is there, do one thing, if it's not, do something else). I want to modify this to run in multiple directories. My setup is: a company directory, and within it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melearlin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to move files to 3 different folders

Hi guys: I've got this problem, I want to move a bunch of files to 3 different folders, without any specific order, and I'm trying to automatize it with a shell script. I'm a newbie at shell scripting so this is my first try: #!/bin/bash COUNTER=`ls -1 | wc -l` while do ARRAY=(... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wretchedmike
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to arrange files into several folders

Hello this is the script Im working on I have a picture collection that I rescued from a hard drive and there are thousands of pictures saved in one folder. What I need is to create several folders and put lets say around 200 pictures in each folder. At the end instead of having one huge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kizofilax
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete multiple folders in a directory which are two weeks old

I need help. I have to delete multiple directories inside a directory that are two weeks old. Example: Today is July 09, 2012 Folder1 > folder1 (created June 4, 2012) -- should be deleted > folder2 (created June 2, 2012) -- should be deleted > folder3 (created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files in multiple folders

Hello all, I would appreciate any help to write a script. I have folder A which contains over 30 thousands xml files, I would like create multiple folders and move those files (500 in each folders). Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmsiddig
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete folders and files from a prompt

Hi Everyone, I work for GE Money IVR as a DB analyst and the environment on which I work is Solaris 5.0 server and Oracle 11g. I got a project in which I have to clean up the folders and files which are not used in DB. I copied an existing script and edited it, dont know this is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: habeeb506
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with creating script to delete log files/folders

Hi I am new to Linux / scripting language. I need to improve our Linux servers at work and looking to claim some space my deleting log files/ folders on a 5 day basis. Can someone help me with creating a script to do so. Any sample script will be helpful.:b: Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinksl
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to capture info on log file for a particular time frame

Hi I have a system running uname -a Linux cmovel-db01 2.6.32-38-server #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 4 11:26:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux I would like to capture the contents of /var/log/syslog from 11:00AM to 11:30AM and sent to this info via email. I was thinking in set a cron entry at that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare files in 2 folders and delete the large file

Hello, my first thread here. I've been searching and fiddling around for about a week and I cannot find a solution.:confused: I have been converting all of my home videos to HEVC and sometimes the files end up smaller and sometimes they don't. I am currently comparing all the video files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josh52180
5 Replies
DB2_PRIMARY_KEYS(3)							 1						       DB2_PRIMARY_KEYS(3)

db2_primary_keys - Returns a result set listing primary keys for a table

SYNOPSIS
resource db2_primary_keys (resource $connection, string $qualifier, string $schema, string $table-name) DESCRIPTION
Returns a result set listing the primary keys for a table. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A valid connection to an IBM DB2, Cloudscape, or Apache Derby database. o $qualifier - A qualifier for DB2 databases running on OS/390 or z/OS servers. For other databases, pass NULL or an empty string. o $schema - The schema which contains the tables. If $schema is NULL, db2_primary_keys(3) matches the schema for the current connection. o $table-name - The name of the table. RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource with a result set containing rows describing the primary keys for the specified table. The result set is com- posed of the following columns: +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Column name | | | | | | | Description | | | | +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | TABLE_CAT | | | | | | | Name of the catalog for the table containing the | | | primary key. The value is NULL if this table does | | | not have catalogs. | | | | |TABLE_SCHEM | | | | | | | Name of the schema for the table containing the | | | primary key. | | | | |TABLE_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the table containing the primary key. | | | | |COLUMN_NAME | | | | | | | Name of the column containing the primary key. | | | | | KEY_SEQ | | | | | | | 1-indexed position of the column in the key. | | | | | PK_NAME | | | | | | | The name of the primary key. | | | | +------------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
db2_column_privileges(3), db2_columns(3), db2_foreign_keys(3), db2_procedure_columns(3), db2_procedures(3), db2_special_columns(3), db2_statistics(3), db2_table_privileges(3), db2_tables(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_PRIMARY_KEYS(3)