Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unusual problem with cp command Post 302690015 by Devesh5683 on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 11:06:22 AM
Old 08-22-2012
Vbe I will code tags from next time, thanks for reminding.

Below is OS details:
Linux pb3n1 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 21:52:39 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Disk usage is around 75% to 85%

The directory where the script is copying the file is further read by another script which ftp the file from that directory . I have added chmod 666 before cp command but I am not sure how to tackle => sometimes file with zero size is getting copy to the destination directory while mv command output file have non-zero size.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

somewhat unusual top output problem

i'm a relative newbie to unix (i'm on OSX) and i have a specific problem i'm tripped up on: i'm piping the output of top (in log format) into an awk command which formats the information (and eventually will send it out continuously via udp/osc to another app). my problem is with what comes up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohhmyhead
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O Net I/O... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
1 Replies

3. Programming

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
11 Replies

4. Solaris

pleaseee help with unusual crontab problem

Helllo folks... I tryed to edit crontab and I have this problem when I do crontab -l it shows my crontab correctly and if I do crontab -e I get this. baafh-99.03# baafh-99.03# crontab -e 1063 ? ? ? ? ? and that is all ...:( I have to type "q" and hit enter and I am back... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

very unusual question about while

is there anyway to make while run a command faster than per second? timed=60 while do command sleep 1 done i need something that can run a script for me more than one time in one second. can someone help me out here? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

6. Programming

C Calender Help - Unusual error

I'm making a program that you input the month and year, and it creates a calender for that month of that year. This is my largest project yet, and I broke it up into several source files. cal.c #include "cal.h" #include <stdio.h> main() { int month, year; scanf("%d %d", &month,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unusual NFS mount problem on only ONE client: Red Hat WS Rel 3

This is an unusual situation where I have an NFS server currently serving out MULTIPLE clients over several variants of Linux and UNIX successfully (world permissions) except for a SINGLE client. Even the other Linux (SuSE) clients in the same room are mounting successfully with defaults without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelpert1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual Problem

what is wrong with the below script: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash echo "Setting JrePath..." grep -w "export JrePath" /etc/profile Export_Status=$? if echo "JrePath declared" elif echo "JrePath not declared" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unusual Behavior?

Our comp-operator has come across a peculiar ‘feature'. We have this directory where we save all the reports that were generated for a particular department for only one calendar year. Currently there are 45,869 files. When the operator tried to backup that drive it started to print a flie-listing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vslewis
3 Replies
DH-EXEC-ILLITERATE(1)						      dh-exec						     DH-EXEC-ILLITERATE(1)

NAME
dh-exec-illiterate - Write literate debhelper config files! SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec --with=illiterate,subst,install Greetings, my dear reader, and welcome to the awesome world of literate programming! Today, we're going to explore how to write a debhelper install file in a literate manner. Trust me, it's going to be lots and lots of fun! So, what exactly are we trying to accomplish? We're going to try installing a file from `src/this-file' in the source tree, to a multi-arched path in the binary file. Lets say, to `/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/'. Of course, ${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH} is a variable, and will be expanded later in the dh-exec pipeline. It'll be something like x86_64-linux-gnu. Furthermore, we want to install all files from the 'usr/lib' directory under debian/tmp. If we were writing an illiteral install file, we'd write this rule as: usr/lib But the above description is much easier to understand, isn't it? We're almost finished! One thing left to do, is to install a script named `rename-me', to `/usr/share/foo/new-name' - we renamed it in the process! DESCRIPTION
The dh-exec-illiterate sub-command, unlike the others, does not serve any particular case, except to serve as a warning to all, that things can be taken to an extreme, even with dh-exec. On the other hand, it is just like the other sub-commands in that it must not be called directly, but through dh-exec(1), which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=illiterate. It is a program that will translate its input from pretty much free-form text into something that resembles an install file. At least, that's the only supported output format for now. Everything that's not recognised, will be ignored, and not printed. The recognised constructs are: `source' ... `destination' The first string between a backtick and a single quote will be treated as the source file, the next such string will be the destination. If the destination ends with a slash, dh-exec-illiterate will consider it a directory, otherwise it will output a construct that dh-exec-install can recognise as a rename operation. 'source' A string, without whitespace, between two single quotes is treated as a source, whose destination is unspecified, and is left up to dh_install(1) to figure out. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-illiterate-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-illiterate is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-ILLITERATE(1)