Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell scripts do not exit once completed Post 302689909 by guddu_12 on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 09:04:43 AM
Old 08-22-2012
shell scripts do not exit once completed

Hi Gurus,

I have to perform some oracle database task so i have written a test scripts which open the database connection and perform a select . once it is done i want it to come out from data base to unix prompt which is not happening. the below command will be a part of shell scripts and once it is done shell will perform other task which are written after these lines of codes.

Code:
sqlplus -S ERS_SRC/ERS_SRC@ERS11G
select sysdate from dual;
EXIT;

Please suggect what to do

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by zaxxon; 08-22-2012 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit status of Invoking two or more scripts in background

I have a sript which is going to trigger other 3 scripts in background simultaneously for eg: Main Script:(main.sh) ----------- sh a.sh & sh b.sh & sh c.sh & How to catch the exit status and store it in a variable for all those three scripts in main script. Is there any other way of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
4 Replies

2. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit a shell script!!

could somebody tell me please how to exit a shell script: if then echo "No arguments detected" exit 1 fi ... echo "still there" # is displayed .. :-( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sami98
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter from sqlplus(procedure completed) to your shell script

if then # mail -s "Import failed file does not exist" sanjay.jaiswal@xyz.com echo "FILE does not exist" exit 1 fi echo "FILE EXIST" size=-1 set $(du /export/home/oracle/nas/scott21.dmp.gz) while do echo "Inside the loop" size=$1 set $(du... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanora600
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

check exit status of bg scripts

HI All, I am running one shell script, in that script i am calling 4 scripts in the background. abc.ksh & efg.ksh & xky.ksh & mno.ksh & please let me know, how could i find the success and failure of each script. i Cannot use $?, because i want to run all the scripts in parellel. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Java hangs even though shell script’s execution is completed

I'm trying to execute a script from within my java code. The execution of the script is over(it's pid is no more), but java is stuck on waitFor() method of the shell script process!. And yes, I'm reading output and error streams in 2 separate threads. Yes, they are being joined at the end(after... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavanlimo
0 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

completed scripts

Does anyone know any websites where there are finished scripts, can be for anything Just want to copy and paste it and manipulate into something I could use. danke schon (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpcp1988
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Script to manage background scripts (running, finished, exit code)

Heyas, Since this question (similar) occur every now and then, and given the fact i was thinking about it just recently (1-2 weeks) anyway, i started to write something :p The last point for motivation was... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
17 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)