Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to write on separate lines? Post 302689751 by mirni on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 03:20:48 AM
Old 08-22-2012
Code:
 sed 's/\bpid\b/\n&/g'  infile

or some awks:
Code:
awk 1 RS=" pid " ORS="\npid " infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate lines in a single '|' separated line

Hi I have a file with contents like china india france japan italy germany . . . . etc.... I want the output as china|india|france|japan|italy|germany|.|.|. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

diplay user process in separate lines

hi I m trying to display the processes of each user but its coming in one line like george wilkins PID TTY TIME CMD 7661 ? 00:00:01 sshd 7662 pts/6 00:00:00 bash i want the output to be like PID TTY TIME CMD 7661 ? 00:00:01 sshd 7662 pts/6 00:00:00 bash my code is proc=$(users)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get 2 records in 2 separate lines in the mail

export VarMailAddress=abc@gmail.com export SUBJECT="Hi" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo "Content-Disposition: inline" echo "<HTML><BODY>" echo "<B> <U>NAME&nbsp;&nbsp;ID&nbsp;&nbsp;Address </B> <br /> " echo "`cat FILE`" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Direct the invalid lines to a separate files

Hi, I have a pipe delimited file with 1 million records. I need to validate each line by counting the number of delimiters, if any line fails to have the specified number of delimiters, taat line has to be sent to a reject file. Kindly suggest. if code provided, it is highly appreciated, and... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandapani
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate lines from text file

I have a text file with lot of rows like.. Action & Adventure|2012: Supernova NR|2009-11-01 00:01:00|2010-05-01 23:59:00|Active|3 Action & Adventure|50 Dead Men Walking|2010-01-05 00:01:00|2010-06-30 23:59:00|Active|3 Action & Adventure|Afterwards|2009-11-26 00:01:00|2010-03-26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine the lines from separate text files

Hi All, I have three separate text files which has only one line and i want to combine these lines in one text file which will have three lines. cat file1.txt abc cat file2.txt 1265 6589 1367 cat file3.txt 0.98 0.36 0.5 So, I want to see these three lines in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through lines and save into separate files

I have two files: file-gene_families.txt that contains 30,000 rows of 30 columns. Column 1 is the ID column and contains the Col1 Col2 Col3 ... One gene-encoded CBPs ABC 111 ... One gene-encoded CBPs ABC 222 ... One gene-encoded CBPs ABC 212 ... Two gene encoded CBPs EFC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Pattern match and write to separate files

I need to parse a file and depending on a patern match(in the insert job line) separate files have to be created with a line added (content in file2). Mapping for pattern match and add line : for Alpha 123 for Beta 234 for Gamma 345 no match (goes into another file) File 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
3 Replies

9. Programming

Separate input buffer into multiple lines

Hi All I have a very tricky problem, not able to solve it. Hence asking this question. I have a code portion like this - int parse_msg(in_buf,line1,line2,sccs_line) char in_buf; char line1; char line2; char sccs_line; { .... (void)fprintf(trace_fp,"parse_msg1 in_buf = %s \n",... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ls to text file on separate lines

hi, I'm trying to print out the contents of a folder into a .txt file. The code I'm trying amongst variations is: ls -1 > filenames.txt but it prints them all on the same line ie. image102.bmpimage103.bmpimage104.bmpimage105.bmpimage106.bmp how can I change this? Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie100
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)