Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: High Ping Timeout
Operating Systems AIX High Ping Timeout Post 302689739 by ckwan on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 03:04:09 AM
Old 08-22-2012
High Ping Timeout

Hi All Unix Fellows...
Any encounter high ping timeout in AIX Server ? I scheduled the job to ping all the same segments servers all the time for 2 days without terminate. Found sometimes there are time the ping timeout is quite high ie. 10000ms
but most of time is 0ms. what cause this ? is this common ?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris ping timeout

Hi, I have two solaris 9 servers on the same switch, primary int0: 10.35.65.51 int1: 10.35.65.53 warm standby int0: 10.35.65.52 int1: 10.35.65.54 Primary server communicates with the other for db replication on int0 interfaces. But meanwhile we are using web interface running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnimious
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping and telnet timeout

Hello, I need help, I have the following which save in the result file ping and telnet:port test. Basically the script works but I should implement a check on ping and telnet command so that ping has 5 seconds threshold and telnet (more important) 10 seconds. Over that threshold ping and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping with timeout bash

Hi experts: I want to do below thing with bash if ping 192.168.0.1 sucussful then do somthing without delay, if ping failed within 20s, then kill ping and exit not sure this can use "alarm" to do this. any code will be welcome Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

9. AIX

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout

Able to ping the server but not able to login through putty it says network timeout Please assist (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
3 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)

NAME
AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping - Implementation of XMPP Ping XEP-0199 SYNOPSIS
use AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping; my $con = AnyEvent::XMPP::IM::Connection->new (...); $con->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of a connection if it didn't answer # within 120 seconds to a ping with a reply $ping->enable_timeout ($con, 120); my $cl = AnyEvent::XMPP::Client->new (...); $cl->add_extension (my $ping = AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping->new); # this enables auto-timeout of newly created connections $ping->auto_timeout(120); $ping->ping ($con, 'ping_dest@server.tld', sub { my ($time, $error) = @_; if ($error) { # we got an error } # $time is a float (seconds) of the rtt if you got Time::HiRes }); DESCRIPTION
This extension implements XEP-0199: XMPP Ping. It allows you to define a automatic ping timeouter that will disconnect dead connections (which didn't reply to a ping after N seconds). See also the documentation of the "enable_timeout" method below. It also allows you to send pings to any XMPP entity you like and will measure the time it took if you got Time::HiRes. METHODS
new (%args) Creates a new ping handle. auto_timeout ($timeout) This method enables automatic connection timeout of new connections. It calls "enable_timeout" (see below) for every new connection that was connected and emitted a "stream_ready" event. This is useful if you want connections that have this extension automatically timeouted. In particular this is useful with modules like AnyEvent::XMPP::Client (see also SYNOPSIS above). enable_timeout ($con, $timeout) This enables a periodical ping on the connection $con. $timeout must be the seconds that the ping intervals last. If the server which is connected via $con didn't respond within $timeout seconds the connection $con will be disconnected. Please note that there already is a basic timeout mechanism for dead TCP connections in AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection, see also the "whitespace_ping_interval" configuration variable for a connection there. It then will depend on TCP timeouts to disconnect the connection. Use "enable_timeout" and "auto_timeout" only if you really feel like you need an explicit timeout for your connections. ping ($con, $dest, $cb, $timeout) This method sends a ping request to $dest via the AnyEvent::XMPP::Connection in $con. If $dest is undefined the ping will be sent to the connected server. $cb will be called when either the ping timeouts, an error occurs or the ping result was received. $timeout is an optional timeout for the ping request, if $timeout is not given the default IQ timeout for the connection is the relevant timeout. The first argument to $cb will be the seconds of the round trip time for that request (If you have Time::HiRes). If you don't have Time::HiRes installed the first argument will be undef. The second argument to $cb will be either undef if no error occured or a AnyEvent::XMPP::Error::IQ error object. ignore_pings ($bool) This method is mostly for testing, it tells this extension to ignore all ping requests and will prevent any response from being sent. AUTHOR
Robin Redeker, "<elmex at ta-sa.org>", JID: "<elmex at jabber.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2007, 2008 Robin Redeker, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-23 AnyEvent::XMPP::Ext::Ping(3pm)