Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A question about Unix Architecture. Post 302689703 by hedkandi on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 02:46:19 AM
Old 08-22-2012
wikipedia my friend, that will answer maximo of your queries

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

unix to unix serial connection question

hi there i'm a new bie just got few simple questions to ask. I got expert in windows configuration but totally new to unix environment . I want to make sure a com port (com1) is working, so I connect a 9-pin cable (CB9) for both PC using Unix environment (unix to unix). The question are (1)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: typsam
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trivial Unix Architecture question

Hi, I am becoming very curious as to why viruses attach only Windows system and not any UNIX and Linux. Does that has to do something with the architecture or something else. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX box architecture

Hi Gurus, I am new to UNIX environment. We have our DataStage tool installed on UNIX box.We have Dev,test and Prod environments.The architecrue is as given below. Now my problem is I am not able to know what is meant by Physical name,Logical name,Cluster etc. also we need to do failover in case a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratyusha
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Dpkg architecture

I noticed dpkg reporting architecture as AMD64, but the h/w is Intel, see below: ~$ uname -a Linux XXX 3.2.0-29-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 27 17:03:23 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux ~$ lshw | grep -i xeon WARNING: you should run this program as super-user. PCI (sysfs) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::RequireASCII(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	 Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::RequireASCII(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::RequireASCII - Disallow high-bit characters. AFFILIATION
This policy is part of Perl::Critic::More, a bleeding edge supplement to Perl::Critic. DESCRIPTION
ASCII is a text encoding first introduced in 1963. It represents 128 characters in seven-bit bytes, reserving the eighth bit for error detection. Perl supports a large number of encodings. However, if you really want the ultimate in backward compatibility, ASCII is it! (We won't even talk about EBCDIC and the like...) This policy is not recommended for everyone. Instead, most of you should probably strive for one of the Unicode encodings for maximum forward compatibility. SEE ALSO
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascii> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBCDIC> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode> AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Chris Dolan This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 Perl::Critic::Policy::CodeLayout::RequireASCII(3)