Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GSUB/Regex Help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GSUB/Regex Help Post 302689663 by msabhi on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 12:15:13 AM
Old 08-22-2012
Superb Don ! your explanation will be fruitful to many a here like me trying to learn the best in awk/any programming language..thanks a millionSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gsub and nawk

Hello I have problem with reg-expr and function gsub(); File that I want to preprocess look like this: int table ; printf(" variable : ", variable) ; Using nawk I try something like this: for ( .... ) { line = $0 reg_expr = "\.\=]*" "" variable "" "\.\=]*" ; gsub( reg_expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty_123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with AWK and gsub

Hello, I have a variable that displays the following results from a JVM.... 1602100K->1578435K I would like to collect the value of 1578435 which is the value after a garbage collection. I've tried the following command but it looks like I can't get the > to work. Any suggestions as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npolite
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use gsub and array

Hello, i'm searching for a solution to this problem. I have 2 files, the first one is like: <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>{$String1}</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>{$String2}</P> </BODY> </HTML>and the other one: {$String1}; french {$String2}; italian {$String3}; english ... {$StringN}; I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heaven25
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk gsub(): general regex

%%%%% (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub

Hi, I want to print the first column with original value and without any double quotes The output should look like <original column>|<column without quotes> $ cat a.txt "20121023","19301229712","100397" "20121023","19361629712","100778" "20121030A","19361630412","100838"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gsub regex not working

I have a number of files that I pass through awk/gsub. I believe to have found a working regex and on 'test bed' sites it matches, however within gsub it does not. Examples: Initial data: /Volumes/Daniel/Public/Drop Box/_Hellsing_Ultimate_OVA_-_10_.mkv gsub & regex: gsub("\]+\]","" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknownn
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, RegEx - Help me to understand the regex!

I am not a big expert in regex and have just little understanding of that language. Could you help me to understand the regular Perl expression: ^(?!if\b|else\b|while\b|)(?:+?\s+){1,6}(+\s*)\(*\) *?(?:^*;?+){0,10}\{ ------ This is regex to select functions from a C/C++ source and defined in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies
get_config_text(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					  get_config_text(3alleg4)

NAME
get_config_text - Returns a string translated to the current language. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> const char *get_config_text(const char *msg); DESCRIPTION
This function is primarily intended for use by internal library code, but it may perhaps be helpful to application programmers as well. It uses the `language.dat' or `XXtext.cfg' files (where XX is a language code) to look up a translated version of the parameter in the cur- rently selected language. This is basically the same thing as calling get_config_string() with `[language]' as the section, `msg' as the variable name, and `msg' as the default value, but it contains some special code to handle Unicode format conversions. The `msg' parameter is always given in ASCII format, but the returned string will be converted into the current text encoding, with memory being allocated as required, so you can assume that this pointer will persist without having to manually allocate storage space for each string. Note that if you are planning on distributing your game on the Unix platform there is a special issue with how to deal with the `lan- guage.dat' file. Read section "Files shared by Allegro" of the chapter "Unix specifics" to learn more about this. RETURN VALUE
Returns a suitable translation if one can be found or a copy of the parameter if nothing else is available. SEE ALSO
get_config_string(3alleg4), reload_config_texts(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 get_config_text(3alleg4)