Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount problem in RHEL6
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Mount problem in RHEL6 Post 302689633 by gsiva on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 09:19:00 PM
Old 08-21-2012
Mount problem in RHEL6

Hi Folks,

I am trying to mount an AIX server in Linux 6, I am able to mount the path under the mount point of /mnt and also can view on df -h. But, under the /mnt there is no content ... its empty.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

OpenBSD : mount problem

hi I have two hhd's. One is primary disk which holds the OpenBSD system and the other is my download disk (disk2). I formatted disk2 in "ffs" type. And created a "disklabel", wd1a. The disklabel program says "No change made", but I can see the changes by "p" command. I cannot mount my disk2!... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fnoyan
1 Replies

2. Solaris

nfs mount problem

I have a NFS share on a Linux server. When I try to mount it on a Solaris 9 server, I get the following message: nfs mount: <nfs-server-name>: : RPC: Program not registered I have a few other Sun boxes and I can mount the share on them without any problems. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount problem

Hello, I'm trying to create an NFS mount on server1 to server2. From the man pages I think I'm doing it right: mount server2:/dev/vg60/lvol607 /net1 nfs mount: server1:/dev/vg60/lvol607: Permission denied Do I need to provide login credentials to server 2 somehow? What am I missing? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with mount remot..!!

hi all... when I try to mount filesystem on solaris appear me Permission denied this is do it: mount -F nfs <remote file system> <mount point> mount -f nfs remot_server:/share /share when i run this line: nfs mount: server_remoto:/share: Permission denied what i need to do? Regards.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
4 Replies

5. Linux

Mount problem

well i have an NFS server setup on a pc "1st server" running Fedora Core 4 and i need to mount this from a non-root user. But when i try this i get this freaking error "mount: only root can do this". i do have the entry in fstab file and i tried following solution (no one are working) entry in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sydney30
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

mount problem 3u9

every day i must type # mount -a in the workstation to mount the directory from the server . note 1- fstab is very good no problem in it 2- the network in this workstation is stable 3- i check every thing in this workstation but i dont see any problem 4- the O.S RedHat 3u9 every day... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman
3 Replies

7. Linux

problem in mount

every day i must type # mount -a in the workstation to mount the directory from the server . note 1- fstab is very good no problem in it 2- the network in this workstation is stable 3- i check every thing in this workstation but i dont see any problem 4- the O.S RedHat 3u9 every day the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ayman
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Start problem rhel6

what can i do now??? please help me.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shakilbd
12 Replies

9. Linux

Problem in displaying message on RHEL6 on EFI during PXE boot

Hi, I am doing PXE boot for RHEL6.4 on EFI and want to display custom messsage before loading vmlinuz and initrd.img, which is not working. boot server side (In case of BIOS client): In /var/lib/tftpboot/default file I am putting the message in below format: SAY hello world boot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indus123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with command mount

Hi, I have a problem with the command mount with a password with special character mount -t smbfs '//itransfert_cs:password@IP/itransfert/1-Arrivees/Vers_K2' /share the password contain a * and a @ I try to quote but don't work, replace the @ with %40 and try to escape with \ but... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
8 Replies
COPYFS-MOUNT(1) 						   User Commands						   COPYFS-MOUNT(1)

NAME
copyfs-mount - mounts a versioned file system SYNOPSIS
copyfs-mount version-directory mount-point DESCRIPTION
This script lets you mount a CopyFS file system. version-directory is the directory where the files and version information will be stored by CopyFS. When using CopyFS for the first time, copyfs-mount will create the required files in the version-directory before running copyfs-daemon. mount-point is the directory where the copyfs file system will be mounted. This is where the users will have access to the files. If you want to mount a CopyFS at '/mnt/fs', whose version directory is at /var/versions, you would use: root@host# copyfs-mount /var/versions /mnt/fs To unmount it, simply do: root@host# umount /mnt/fs As you would do for any other filesystem. You can also allow an ordinary non-root users to mount and unmount CopyFS filesystems provided that the user is added to the 'fuse' group. Ordinary users will be able unmount the filesystem, using the fusermount command: $ fusermount -u mount-point AUTHORS
CopyFS was created by Thomas Joubert and Nicolas Vigier <boklm@mars-attacks.org> LINKS
<http://n0x.org/copyfs/> CopyFS web site. <http://fuse.sourceforge.net/> FUSE - Filesystem in USErspace SEE ALSO
copyfs(1), copyfs-fversion(1), copyfs-daemon(1), fusermount(1) copyfs-mount May 2008 COPYFS-MOUNT(1)