Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: micro film scanner
Operating Systems Linux micro film scanner Post 302689437 by Corona688 on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 10:52:08 AM
Old 08-21-2012
SANE, the usual linux program for managing scanners, doesn't appear to support it.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

IP Scanner tool

Hey guys.. What is the best tool that can be used on Linux for IP scanning tool that can bring ping status, hostname, and any other open service. I wish I can find a tool like "The Dude" from Mikrotik, but that works only under Windows. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Can Scanner be Initialized from the Terminal

Hi, somewhat of a newbie with Linux, although I have been at it for about three weeks now. Is there a way to wake up or initialize my scanner with a command in the terminal? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klrman
6 Replies

3. Hardware

Epson Scanner

Running Debian 8.5 on a Dell Laptop I have an Epson V39 scanner. Simple scan cannot detect it. Here is what I have: root@server1:/home/server1# sane-find-scanner # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the # result is different from what you expected, first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
2 Replies
WIPEFS(8)						       System Administration							 WIPEFS(8)

NAME
wipefs - wipe a filesystem signature from a device SYNOPSIS
wipefs [-ahnpV] [-o offset] device DESCRIPTION
wipefs can erase filesystem or raid signatures (magic strings) from the specified device to make the filesystem invisible for libblkid. wipefs does not erase the filesystem itself nor any other data from the device. When used without options -a or -o, it lists all visible filesystems and the offsets of their signatures. OPTIONS
-a, --all Erase all available signatures. -h, --help Print help and exit. -n, --no-act Causes everything to be done except for the write() call. -o, --offset offset Specify the location (in bytes) of the signature which should be erased from the device. The offset number may include a "0x" pre- fix; then the number will be interpreted as a hex value. It is possible to specify multiple -o options. The offset argument may be followed by binary (2^N) suffixes KiB, MiB, GiB, TiB, PiB and EiB (the "iB" is optional, e.g. "K" has the same meaning as "KiB") or decimal (10^N) suffixes KB, MB, GB, PB and EB. -p, --parsable Print out in parsable instead of printable format. Encode all potentially unsafe characters of a string to the corresponding hex value prefixed by 'x'. -V, --version Output version information and exit. AUTHOR
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. AVAILABILITY
The wipefs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
blkid(8) findfs(8) util-linux October 2009 WIPEFS(8)