Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Curl - input line by line from text file Post 302689391 by emdeex on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 08:58:16 AM
Old 08-21-2012
Curl - input line by line from text file

Hi,

I've got a text file with hundreds of lines I need to upload to an API via curl, one by one.

The text file is like:
Code:
2012-08-01 10:45,124
2012-08-02 10:45,132
2012-08-03 10:45,114

I want to get curl to go through the text file sending a post for each line.

like:
Code:
curl --request POST http://website/api/post?apikey=$key\&time=$timestamp\&json={meter1:$data}"

Any help appreciated!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by zaxxon; 08-21-2012 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a text file to get data in exact line by line

I have my data something like this SERIAL FIRSTOCCURRENCE NETPROTOCOL 1947430693 07/01/2009 05:16:40 FR SERIAL FIRSTOCCURRENCE NETPROTOCOL 1947430746 07/01/2009 05:18:05 FR I want the output as follows.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to input text on every 2nd line?

I have a file in two columns consisting of only numbers. I would like to put a string (the same textstring) on every second line, so that 501006 420.000 401602 165.000 . . . becomes: *Some_text 501006 420.000 *Some_text 401602 165.000 *Some_text . . . Are you up for it? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Medova
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to read line by line and input into another file

I have two files. Fileone contains text string one text string two text string three Filetwo contains Name: Address: Summary: Name: Address: Summary: Name: Address: Summary: I would like to use sed to read each line of file one and put it at the end of the summary line of file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dolacap
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the fifth line of a text file into a shell script and trim the line to extract a WORD

FOLKS , i have a text file that is generated automatically of an another korn shell script, i want to bring in the fifth line of the text file in to my korn shell script and look for a particular word in the line . Can you all share some thoughts on this one. thanks... Venu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read a text file line by line & process it...

Hi , I am trying to write an shell, which reads a text file (from a location) having a list of numbers of strictly 5 digits only ex: 33144 Now my script will check : 1) that each entry is only 5 digits & numeric only, no alphabets, & its not empty. 2)then it executes a shell script called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_to_shell
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL or SHELL Scrript to search in Directories by taking line by line from a text file

Unix box server version *********** >uname -r B.11.00 >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh --> in this server, I have the path like /IMbuild/dev/im0serv1 ---> in that directory I have the folders startup(.jsp files nearly 100 jsp's ) and scripts(contains .js files nearly 100 files) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasam
9 Replies

7. Programming

C++ Input File line by line

Hi there, I need to read some data from a file with string and number that is similar to this: word1 0.0 1.0 0.0 word3 word4 0.0 0.0 -1.0 word1 0.0 0.0 1.0 word5With this code: #include<iostream> #include<fstream> #include<string> using namespace std; int main() ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file, comparing a value in a line, and placing only part of the line in a variable?

I need some help. I would like to read in a text file. Take a variable such as ROW-D-01, compare it to what's in one line in the text file such as PROD/VM/ROW-D-01 and only input PROD/VM into a variable without the /ROW-D-01. Is this possible? any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xChristopher
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a text file line by line and insert into a database table?

I have a test file that I want to read and insert only certain lines into the the table based on a filter. 1. Rread the log file 12 Hours back Getdate() -12 Hours 2. Extract the following information on for lines that say "DUMP is complete" A. Date B. Database Name C.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JolietJake
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script UNIX to read text file line by line

i have a text file as belows, it includes 2 columns, 1st is the column name, 2nd is the file_name data_file.txt column_name file_name col1 file1 col2 file2 col3 file1 col4 file1 col5 file2 now, i would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tester111
4 Replies
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options				    CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE - size of POST data pointed to SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE, curl_off_t size); DESCRIPTION
If you want to post data to the server without having libcurl do a strlen() to measure the data size, this option must be used. When this option is used you can post fully binary data, which otherwise is likely to fail. If this size is set to -1, the library will use strlen() to get the size. DEFAULT
-1 PROTOCOLS
HTTP(S) EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { const char *data = large_chunk; curl_off_t length_of_data; /* set somehow */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://example.com"); /* size of the POST data */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE, length_of_data); curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, data); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Along with HTTP RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if HTTP is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS(3), CURLOPT_COPYPOSTFIELDS(3), CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE(3)