Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reuse a LUN
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Reuse a LUN Post 302689321 by Shirishlnx on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 07:07:31 AM
Old 08-21-2012
Thanks Peasant .

Now am getting below error while importing same on cluster node .

Code:
# vgimport -p -v -s -m /tmp/vg01.map /dev/vg01
Beginning the import process on Volume Group "/dev/vg01".
Verification of unique LVM disk id on each disk in the volume group
/dev/vg01 failed.
Following are the sets of disks having identical LVM disk id
/dev/dsk/c5t0d2 /dev/dsk/c4t1d1 /dev/dsk/c5t1d1
/dev/dsk/c5t0d3 /dev/dsk/c4t1d2 /dev/dsk/c5t1d2

# vgimport -p -v -s -m /tmp/vg01.map /dev/vg01 /dev/dsk/c5t0d2 /dev/dsk/c5t0d3 /dev/dsk/c4t0d2 /dev/dsk/c4t0d3 /dev/dsk/c5t0d1 /dev/dsk/c4t0d1
Beginning the import process on Volume Group "/dev/vg01".
Verification of unique LVM disk id on each disk in the volume group
/dev/vg01 failed.
Following are the sets of disks having identical LVM disk id
/dev/dsk/c5t0d2 /dev/dsk/c4t1d1 /dev/dsk/c5t1d1
/dev/dsk/c5t0d3 /dev/dsk/c4t1d2 /dev/dsk/c5t1d2

Do you have any clue why am getting so ... and how to resolve this ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reuse same major number

Hi, I am working on device drivers.Once If register a device i'll get one major no. If i unregister and register again i'll get a different major no.What i have to do to get same major no. each time :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agnello
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password reuse utility

Does anyone know of a password reuse utility for Solaris 7 or 8? Security people are telling me that I need one. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtoba
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Reuse disk from other HP-UX

Hello, I have 2 hp-ux both running 11.23, I have move one of a harddisk from "UNIX A" to "UNIX B", so how can I read back the data in "UNIX B"? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetadhell
5 Replies

4. Linux

suggest some ideas for reuse

hi can you all help me to develop anything in unix that could be reused. any module or application could be helpful (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
0 Replies

5. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reuse Variable..

Hi. I have these two variables: My objective here is to reuse that $file_name variable again and again by resetting the $cv value. for example, if i reissue the cv="$(print 'CV01')" command, thus $file_name is now should be "CP99978_CV01.TXT", not "CP99978_CV01.TXT" anymore. How I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reuse argument from current command?

I'm currently using zsh. Sometimes I find myself wishing to reuse an argument from earlier in the command. I know that I can, of course, assign an argument to a variable ahead of time, and then easily use that variable more than once. I know about the ability to reuse arguments from previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshaul
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to declare variables once and reuse them in other scripts?

Hello everyone. I'm trying to create a conf file with variables that my other scripts will use. I have several scripts that use the same variables, and since I don't know how to read them from an external file, i define them in each script (and then if i want to change one's value i need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshe88
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reuse values in Shell script

Hi I am trying to write a shell script and wanted to re-use the value which I have entered already. Here is the sample code. echo "Enter Value : \c" ; read val echo "Enter number: $val\c" ; read num Now I wanted to change the value as showing in 2nd Line or if I will use enter, it... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SushilAnand
15 Replies

10. Programming

Reuse format strings

I have a collection of format strings for sscanf, such as "%02d%*1s%02d%*1s%02d" to read in certain formatted strings, such as dates, times, etc. I wonder if there is a way to use them in printf without some changes? The example above would not work - at least I can't think of any ways to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies
mkdevmaps(1M)                                             System Administration Commands                                             mkdevmaps(1M)

NAME
mkdevmaps - make device_maps entries SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkdevmaps DESCRIPTION
The mkdevmaps command writes to standard out a set of device_maps(4) entries describing the system's frame buffer, audio, and removable media devices. The mkdevmaps command is used by the init.d(4) scripts to create or update the /etc/security/device_maps file. Entries are generated based on the device special files found in /dev. For the different categories of devices, the mkdevmaps command checks for the following files under /dev: audio /dev/audio, /dev/audioctl, /dev/sound/... tape /dev/rst*, /dev/nrst*, /dev/rmt/... floppy /dev/diskette, /dev/fd*, /dev/rdiskette, /dev/rfd* removable disk /dev/dsk/c0t?d0s?, /dev/rdsk/c0t?d0s? frame buffer /dev/fb ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
mkdevmaps might not be supported in a future release of the Solaris operating system. SunOS 5.10 8 Oct 2003 mkdevmaps(1M)