Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting smbclient - check if 'cd' is sucessful? Post 302689297 by RudiC on Tuesday 21st of August 2012 05:41:09 AM
Old 08-21-2012
Unfortunately I don't have an answer at hand, as a failing cd will complain like
Code:
cd \Josef\: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

but evaluating this within a script is difficult.
Why don't you smbmount that share and use unix/linux cp to move files over?

Last edited by RudiC; 08-21-2012 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: typo
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Incomplete reading and transferring zip file via SAMBA smbclient

Hello, Anyone out there can help on this problem? I have a zip file about 34MB containing a file in EBCDIC and is resided on a Windows 2000 server. This zip file is retrieved and read from a UNIX server via SAMBA "SMBCLIENT" (by default the file is transferred via command bin) and issued... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddie Law
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smbclient print while preserving windows printer settings?

I have successfully gotten AIX to print to a windows shared printer with this command: smbclient -U user%password -W domain -c "print file.ext" the only problem is: I have this print queue set up on the Windows side to overlay an image to all pages. When printing from samba, the overlay... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smbclient on Unix

The directory on windows server is renamed and I need to change the directory location on smbclient on unix. How do i do that, please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the smbclient

Hi, I am trying to use smbclient to send message to a windows machine.It is showing "connection failed message" . After googled I came to know about "smbfind" which will give me the nodes in my network. In that list the machine name was not present where I was trying to send the message. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

smbclient & dd

you know I am told to get an image of the whole ubuntu system on my server shared folder. If you have used dd before to get an image of the occupied space on the system please lemme know bout your command. (I preferably want dd to only get an image of the occupied file system not the free space)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue on smbclient

Hi All, I've been facing on this issue. From SunOS to Windows /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient \\IP\<source dir> -D $TARGET_DIR -U dir1/$WINDOWS_USER%$WINDOWS_PWD -c "put $SOURCE_FILE $TAR GET_FILE;exit" This command in my shell script work fine but the file saved on windows environment... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio123bgg
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script - If and smbclient (ftp)...help

Hi, So I am writting a script to copy files from Linux to windows using smbclient, I have done this a fair amount of times now. Unfortunately this time I am using a simply if statement to determine if the file exists before beginning the smbclient section.....however if I tab the smbclient... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using command line variables in smbclient

Hi All, Have written a couple of lines to move the contents of a folder from a unix box to a windows location using smbclient (below) smbclient '{servicename}' -A ~/.smbclientauth -c 'mkdir \test_folder"' smbclient '{servicename}' -A ~/.smbclientauth -c 'cd "; lcd ";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary2410
4 Replies

9. Linux

Error on smbclient login on Red Hat

I have the smbclient installed and I am able to see information from the '-L' option. But when I attempt to login I'm getting the "NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME". I was hoping for help, because I'm not sure what is supposed to go into the smb.conf file. My goal is to transfer files from my Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islanderman
2 Replies

10. Programming

Aria2c will not exit after sucessful download

I am using the below aria2c command to call an API that downloads a file to a directory. Though the process completes and I get "download complete"... aria2c does not exit to the command line, I have to hit enter to get the command line. I am not sure what is wrong. Am I missing something in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)