Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My first script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting My first script Post 302689133 by methyl on Monday 20th of August 2012 08:16:23 PM
Old 08-20-2012
Okay, that explains the missing display. The script you are running is NOT the script you posted.
The script you are actually running contains a basic error in this line:
Code:
read $ticket

Should be:
Code:
read ticket

The error will cause $ticket to be blank.
Also, this line is missing:
Code:
echo "number entered" "$ticket"

Q.E.D.

Hopefully you next post will be a question from your Training Course?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)